[ROM] LiquidICS v1.5 [Unofficial port] - DroidX

newmanx4

Reaction score
Use LG Camera. Set camera to 8mp resolution and auto focus off. Set camcorder to 640x480. That will make the camcorder work.

For playback, MX Player with decoder set to S/W.

Sent from my Liquid X

Lewst

Reaction score
Does the FM Radio work for anyone? For me, it just hangs at "FM Radio is being launched, please wait..." .. Was hoping for a working FM radio tuner. *Edit* I was able to get Spirit Light to work on this rom, so this may be a moot point.

Noticed that there isn't any car dock app included. This is fine as you can download car dock apps from the market, just thought I would mention it for maybe future releases. I liked the simple car dock included in the Liquid Smooth 3.2 rom.

Other then that, everything is working very well. Thank you!

Last edited:

xccell

Reaction score
I use Tune in Radio app from marketplace, works good no issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Lewst

Reaction score
I use Tune in Radio app from marketplace, works good no issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Yes, but Tune in Radio is a streaming app. I was looking for FM tuner. Spirit Light works, so it's all good.

I also started to have issue with the messaging app, so I installed an sms app from the market and it seems to be working much better.

xccell

Reaction score
SBF'ed back to stock Gingerbread and rerooted all is well!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

l8nighter

Reaction score
Couple questions?

I have a couple questions:
My MAC address for my WiFi changes for each boot. Not a huge problem but I have my home WiFi setup for MAC filtering so how can I force it or to have it stop changing?
Google Music crashes when I try and run it, any idea?
What is Open Recovery and where do I download the .zip file and how do I use Open Recovery? Thanks again for the great port!

Lewst

Reaction score
You could install ROM Manager and flash ClockworkMod Recovery.

xccell

Reaction score
I may run this rom in the future when all the bugs get ironed out. Netflix not working is not cool.

Sent from Droid X Rubix Focus 0.4 powered.

aliefjoker

Reaction score
The install is the best I've experienced yet. So far it does run smooth but here is what I don't like so far:
Battery life the same as CM9.
Screen doesn't turn off unless I press the power button.
(Meaning for some reason I can't change the setting to turn itself off after a minute of inactivity)
My back and search button light stay on no matter what.
Something is blocking me from connecting to HW Virtual Port.

Last edited:

newmanx4

Reaction score
Let the battery settle in for a few days to get a better judgement of it.

Go to System settings/Display/Sleep and set the screen time out.

As far as the lights, I have an Otterbox so mine are covered. Wouldn't know if they're on or not.

Sent from my Black Iced X

pmgreen12

Reaction score
Help.. I've tried to flash but the liquid ics fishbowl screen is the furthest I can get. It just hangs with the liquid moving no matter what I try to do.
Please help!!!

LiCuid

Reaction score
So, couple of things. absolutely love this rom. battery life isn't too shabby once some settings are tweaked. my current settings and levels. Display brightness all the way down. Sleep after 1 minutes. all widgets off, under advanced no 3g speed hack, no gpu acceleration. governor set to 800mhz max on boot.
Using these settings and constantly using and viewing my phone i'm at 4.5 hours at 46% battery. Really not too bad.
Also, Puffin Web browser does play flash videos using this rom! also, not sure what other people have found, but I'm with verizon and MMS works fine with this rom.

LiCuid

Reaction score
Help.. I've tried to flash but the liquid ics fishbowl screen is the furthest I can get. It just hangs with the liquid moving no matter what I try to do.
Please help!!!

Ok PMgreen. I had this problem at first too. I was flashing from Liberty and ended up bricking my phone. In reality what happened was that I tried to use Droid 2 bootstrapper to install the rom. this equaled the bricked bootloop you are getting. If you came from a froyo build , that is why you are bootlooping. you need a gingerbread build in order to flash this rom successfully. I had trouble booting into recovery because i forgot the instructions changed once they went to GB. What you need to do at this point is wipe data/factory reset :\ . From power off, Hold power and the home key to get to the screen with the android and exclamatory triangle. at this point simulatenously hit vol + and vol - to show the recovery mode where you can wipe data/factory reset. Of course before you should do any of this, you might want to fill me in on what you were running and how you got to that point. Thanks.