13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
liquid-smooth.png

Version 1.5

Rom Features

• Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
  • Backup/Restore Liquid Control configurations so you can reflash and retain your personal UI/ROM customizations (note this does not apply to any of the settings under the goodies section)
  • Liquid Control,allows for manipulation, customization, and optimization of nearly every area of this ROM.
  • Full screen mode(upper left of power menu birdie!)
  • More Incremental Navbar Heights to tweak the size just to your liking!
  • 5 Lockscreen targets w custom / ICS system icon support
  • Customizable Navbarbackground color,button glow speed.
  • Center clockmod/customizable Color
  • Lockscreen / Weather feature
  • Calendar / Lockscreen customization
  • Customizable batteryicons
  • PropModder, a new convient way to edit your build.prop with the flick of a finger!
  • Theme Engine support!
  • SQLite Defrag
  • Dynamic (built into ROM) changelog!
  • Uniform ICS theme throughout the rom...
  • And Much much more!
===================================================================================

It is with great pleasure that we are here to announce the arrival of Liquid - Ice Cream Sandwhich (toro / maguro) V 1.5. V1.5 is without a doubt a Milestone release for us. It brings to the table unmatched customization & user- control, while providing excellent battery life, rock strength stability, & speed only a Liquid Smooth Rom could deliver. It truly marks a step towards the goal of our project *to bring slim & flawless firmware to the toro / maguro & to get the utmost out of your "phone!" A very big thank you to our beta testers & IRC channel community members / Liquid Smooth family, as well as all of you here at Rootzwiki! The entire Team is stoked about this release & we are certain that you'll love it, to! Please, enjoy! Also, stay tuned, as 1.X is in the works as I type...

Also, if you guys have a concern that we cannot adress here in the Rootzwiki thread, or youd like to contribute a great new idea for improving our project, we welcome you to join us @ IRC.FREENODE.NET; #LIQUIDS.

With that said,

As usual there are thousands of other changes made, take a look at ourcommit history.

Lastly, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH GAPPS WITH THIS ROM, THEY ARE INCLUDED.

DOWNLOAD

===========================================

Liquid ICS v1.5 (Motorola Droid 2 )

MD5: 0fea6bc6ae05864aa8de1ded0e086e44

===========================================

Installation

• Ensure that you are on a Gingerbread kernel
  • Make sure you are rooted and have Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed (or recovery via Rom Manager)
  • Download zip and verify md5sum
  • Boot into ClockworkMod recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset (if coming from test builds you only need to wipe cache)
  • Install zip from sdcard (install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> liquid_shadow-ics-v1.5.zip)
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Thanks

• The entire liquid team for the rom (and the top half of the OP)
  • Bikedude880 for the initial device trees
  • Jonman409 for picking up cm9 and doing sooooo much work to it. Without it ICS roms for this device would not be where they are.
  • Beanstown106 for getting me interested in porting this to begin with
  • Everyone who tested and provided feedback
Notes

• Because of how our hardware acceleration is implemented it requires a whitelist for apps to recieve it. This will be updated to reflect CM9's list per release but if you wish to add to it you can manually by editing the hwui-whitelist.txt in /system/. To find the name to put into the file navigate to /data/app then copy the name minus the -1.apk. The app will recieve hwa after rebooting.
  • Because this is not an official port do not report issue's to the Liquid team, report them in this thread please.
  • I will not be updating this per beta release but instead will update per official release.
  • I have not tested every single aspect of this rom so if you notice a problem please bring it to my attention, preferably accompanied by a logcat
  • Source: http://github.com/liquid-moto

thaijunk

Reaction score
Thanks OP! Downloading now and going to give it a try.

Barchetta

Reaction score
first off, let me say a huge THANK YOU to 13th angel for not leaving us poor D2 step-children behind! I love my R2D2 and he's happy to have this fantastic ROM. That said, I am coming off Liberty and this runs super fast and (liquid) smooth:) I do have an inquiry and apologize ahead of time for still being a noob. Is this where I would report a bug of sorts? If so, here goes...

I use the car dock daily. I noticed there wasn't an app in the app drawer for the car dock. I put it in the cradle and "car dock enabled" was in the nav bar. Immediatly the camera app started. I exited out and pulled the nav bar down and hit the car dock and nothing. Is there a car doc in the works for this RM? I know there is a very good one in stock ICS but fully understand that not everything gets carried over. I could use an aftermarket in Google Play, but wanted to see if maybe something was in the works or possibly I was missing something. Thanks in advnace

thaijunk

Reaction score
This ROM is awesome so far. Been running this for a day now. Works great and haven't encountered any issues yet. Features of ICS on GB. Using my DROID2 for fun. I also have a Razr Maxx as my main phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Barchetta

Reaction score
first off, let me say a huge THANK YOU to 13th angel for not leaving us poor D2 step-children behind! I love my R2D2 and he's happy to have this fantastic ROM. That said, I am coming off Liberty and this runs super fast and (liquid) smooth:) I do have an inquiry and apologize ahead of time for still being a noob. Is this where I would report a bug of sorts? If so, here goes...

I use the car dock daily. I noticed there wasn't an app in the app drawer for the car dock. I put it in the cradle and "car dock enabled" was in the nav bar. Immediatly the camera app started. I exited out and pulled the nav bar down and hit the car dock and nothing. Is there a car doc in the works for this RM? I know there is a very good one in stock ICS but fully understand that not everything gets carried over. I could use an aftermarket in Google Play, but wanted to see if maybe something was in the works or possibly I was missing something. Thanks in advnace
Well, I've fixed my own issue:) I went with Car Home Ultra, it's not too bad:/. Certainly doesn't work as well as the GB car dock, but whaddya gonna do, right?

Now on to my new issue, hopefull the Dev can reply (again, sorry if this comes off as noob question)
My R2D2 restarts after powering down. I had this issue with the GB update and Liberty after I rooted, but with Liberty, I just had to plug in the charger right after powerind down and it wouldn't restart. Last night, it kept restarting, even if I plugged it in. Any thoughts? Yes, tried a battery pull as well

DTdr2

Reaction score
Hope someone is willing to help an out of touch, and out of date Droid X. I would love to install this on my phone, but unfortunately am a little outdated. Here's what I got:
System Version: 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon
Android Version: 2.2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9

I am rooted, and have done a Bootstrap backup. Aside from getting a new phone, what would be the best way to upgrade my OS?
Thanks

xIronCrossx

Reaction score
I really like this! I just got it, I didn't activate it yet due to being in Europe instead of the good old US :D. I am guessing to activate it I will just have to dial *228(verizon) right?

The only thing that I have noticed so far that doesn't work perfectly is the stock browser, it feels like the options menu comes up slowly. The rest is very good so far, really liking it.

Also for anyone who had 2.3.4 and needs root, check this(I just did it a few hours ago and now loaded liquidsmooth on and it works flawlessly) New root method for stock 2.3.4 (621/622) found (Droid2, R2D2) - Droid 2 / R2D2 / Milestone 2 / Droid 2 Global - RootzWiki

Harkaan

Reaction score
So I got everything installed and it all works awesome...but one thing...the keyboard backlight doesn't work as well as the letter "b" key? I'm not sure why...

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
the letter b fix is posted at rootzwiki in the liquid thread

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

I saw that you found a fix, but I'm guessing if you search you'll be able to find the stock apk for Car Dock and then you can just side load it.

headstrong

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but I'm running CM9. My kernel version shows 2.6.32.9-gca08d89. Do I need to do anything prior to flashing Liquid?

headstrong

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but I'm running CM9. My kernel version shows 2.6.32.9-gca08d89. Do I need to do anything prior to flashing Liquid?

Took the plunge and flashed this with no issues. All seems to be working so far BUT Google Play music player force closes each time I run it. :(

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hope someone is willing to help an out of touch, and out of date Droid X. I would love to install this on my phone, but unfortunately am a little outdated. Here's what I got:
System Version: 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon
Android Version: 2.2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9

I am rooted, and have done a Bootstrap backup. Aside from getting a new phone, what would be the best way to upgrade my OS?
Thanks

You should check the Droid X section here and on Rootzwiki. Usually there are slight differences between the Roms for these phones.

Barchetta

Reaction score
Took the plunge and flashed this with no issues. All seems to be working so far BUT Google Play music player force closes each time I run it. :(
had the same issue yesterday with the latest update for google play music. I had to uninstall it and load v 4.1.513, the new one was optimized for ICS but I kept getting the "unfortunately google play music has stopped working" Once I went to the old version, everything worked fine

on another note, I do love the responsiveness of this ROM, but I'm frustrated with the caller ID not showing up while docked in my car dock. I've tried everything from 8 ways to Sunday to fix this and nothing is working. I've tried new ID apps, voice ID apps (tried to have them go through my bluetooth, doesn't work with ICS). Battery life seems to drain pretty fast as well. I'm contemplating going back to GB and running CM7......

headstrong

Reaction score
had the same issue yesterday with the latest update for google play music. I had to uninstall it and load v 4.1.513, the new one was optimized for ICS but I kept getting the "unfortunately google play music has stopped working" Once I went to the old version, everything worked fine

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.