Liquid Smooth ROMS 3.0 question

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question... I just rooted my og droid following the instructions here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Then I had to look up how to do a rom. Easy enough after rooting. When I started reading the posts on the liquid version there was some posts about needing a GB kernal. So can I just wipe my current data and install the new liquid or is there a mid step of updating to a gingerbread kernal before flashing to the rom? If there is a midstep can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it on the OG. The D1 bootloader isn't locked so a simple wipe will do. No need to SBF before

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

OP
screaminz2002

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the super fast reply. Just to make sure I understand (sorry I am a noob) just save as update.zip, wipe the data and apps, install and enjoy?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the super fast reply. Just to make sure I understand (sorry I am a noob) just save as update.zip, wipe the data and apps, install and enjoy?

Yes. If you are using SP Recovery rename to update.zip, but make sure you changed the MC1 root file to something other than update.zip. Wipe data/cache, allow update.zip, then install.

OP
screaminz2002

screaminz2002

Reaction score
I feel so dumb.. lol Thanks so much! That I can understand :happy:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No need to feel dumb. The dumbest questions are the ones not asked. Better to be safe and ask rather than end up having try and fix an error.

We were all where you were at one point. Good luck and happy flashing!