Liquid Gingerbread 1.85 looping splash screen

Droid1winning

Reaction score
moto droid 1. just downloaded through rom manager and i tried both clearing and not clearing caches. either way it installs successfully...i reboot...and it begins looping 3 screens (blue x, water pouring kinda thing, and a "liquid" screen). tried a few times now. This last attempt has been going 20 minutes now with no difference. tried removing battery as well. thanks for the help

jmorrison230

Reaction score
moto droid 1. just downloaded through rom manager and i tried both clearing and not clearing caches. either way it installs successfully...i reboot...and it begins looping 3 screens (blue x, water pouring kinda thing, and a "liquid" screen). tried a few times now. This last attempt has been going 20 minutes now with no difference. tried removing battery as well. thanks for the help

Don't clean dalvik cache through rom manager or it will boot loop. Also try a different permalink when you retry

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jmorrison230

Reaction score

Don't clean dalvik cache through rom manager or it will boot loop. Also try a different permalink when you retry

Kernal not permalink. Lol

OP
D

Droid1winning

Reaction score
right on thanks for the help. so a kernel is a rom right? like when u say flash a different kernel it also means flash a different rom, right? so i should try 1.84 version and totally give up on 1.85? thx

jmorrison230

Reaction score
right on thanks for the help. so a kernel is a rom right? like when u say flash a different kernel it also means flash a different rom, right? so i should try 1.84 version and totally give up on 1.85? thx

Lol no no they are 2 different things. a kernal is basically the engine of the rom. The rom is basically everything

jmorrison230

Reaction score

Lol no no they are 2 different things. a kernal is basically the engine of the rom. The rom is basically everything

Try reinstalling the rom through rom manager but before rom manager males you reboot unchecked clean dalvik cache. Make a backup tho and clean data and cache. Basically check the first 2 and uncheck the dalvik

ViciousArt

Reaction score
so this is happening to me, I installed from the ROM Manager and I'm getting a looping startup. I understand how to fix it and try again, however... how the hell do I get to go back into my phone so I can try again. I can't get back into the regular Android 2.2.2 with root... Battery pull just restarts the looping, so I'm kind of stuck here...

Anyone give me a hand here?