Linking Facebook to contacts? How can I stop it?

tstanley

Reaction score
My Droid X came today, and it automatically links my facebook friends to my contacts. I have tons more facebook friends than people I actually call and text (I have 1400 friends). It even shows people who dont post their numbers and has me automatically email them. I want to get rid of this feature, does anyone know a way? Its driving me nuts!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
on the original droid you just open the facebook app and hit don't sync contacts...should be the same on the x i assume

Eschy

Reaction score
open facebook>menu>settings>scroll down>open sync contacts>select one of the three options

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
open facebook>menu>settings>scroll down>open sync contacts>select one of the three options

That is in the facebook for Droid not the one in Moto. Right? i could not use the one that came with the X. No sync option. It just DID. :(

Eschy

Reaction score

That is in the facebook for Droid not the one in Moto. Right? i could not use the one that came with the X. No sync option. It just DID. :(

Oh ya i bet that has to do with that stupid ninjablur bull****. You might be stuck with it.

Ej4

Reaction score
Try going to Contacts then the menu then display options or accounts and play around with those settings perhaps

washburnmav

Reaction score
I have the same problem - and none of these suggestions seem to work. There are no settings options (that i can find) in the facebook app or in contacts that will allow me to stop the sync. It's really annoying. Can anyone help?

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you download the Facebook app or are you using the one on the phone. If your answer is the latter then that's your problem.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
On the DROID it works like this:
From HOME > MENU > SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS & SYNC
This should list all accounts and if they are synced or not.

SHOULD be similar on X I would hope.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That is odd. We are both on 2.2. Shouldn't that part be similar across the board? I have downloaded the latest FB app from the market, too.
I man, obviously, I believe you. that it isn't there. But wow... kind of lame to make that different on different hardware.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Droid X is still on 2.1. The OTA should be soon. I have updated to 2.2 but did not check the built in FB app

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

knowbrain

Reaction score
I got a way to do it

Under Settings-Accounts if you delete your Facebook account, it leaves the facebook app intact, but your contacts are not merged, and you also don't get facebook status' on your contacts pages. Worth it for me; thank god I figured this out.

:icon_ banana:

brando56894

Reaction score
Theres also an option to link only the contacts in your phonebook to facebook, maybe you would want that option instead.

tonythedroid2

Reaction score
Ok I have a droid 2 and I can't delete these FB contacts, I used the social networking fb account, I deleted the account but the contacts are still there. Any help plzzzz I hate having these contacts there

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App