Life of a Motorola device.

B.L.E.A.K

Reaction score
Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE DROIDS!

But from what I have heard from everyone around me, the Motorola devices are not good hardware wise. their life is short...never owned a Moto device and dying to make a RAZR mine...

You've heard wrong, Motorola is the best hardware wise - it's their views on locked software that is the pits

Yes Moto hardware is quite stellar. Software is getting there, along with bootloader policies.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I have had an X for 16 months now. My wife had a different phone but changed to the X after she tried mine. Both have been very dependable. So I bought a Xoom, which has been a great tablet. I ordered the Razr which ships the 10th. So far Moto has earned my business.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

moto is tops in the hardware dept....bought my og droid on the day they came out and i am still using/abusing it every single day.....the razr is gonna be its replacement....

Yep....I'm going back to Moto for the reliability of the hardware alone.

Even though I like the nexus, signal,Gps,etc come 1st.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Owned my Droid X for a year and the hardware has been great. Battery capacity has remained since I bought it. Screen is still like new quality. Physical buttons are like new. Touchscreen is still as responsive as new. Speakers work just fine. Call quality and 3g reception are good. Camera works (although the camera software sucks).

The hardware is great. What is problematic is the Android 2.3 update with Motoblur.

Preordered a Droid Razr.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

moto is tops in the hardware dept....bought my og droid on the day they came out and i am still using/abusing it every single day.....the razr is gonna be its replacement....

Ditto for me! Motorola builds to last. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Razr (tick, tock, tick, tock) ;-)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Ditto^^

ditto^^^^

Motion has always had amazing hardware. The issue has always been software.

They were the first to release GB to the bulk if their phones and it looks like they will with ICS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Motorola was the pioneer in small dependable cell phones. They started with the MicroTac back in 1989 and then the StarTac in the 90's. These were high quality phones with excellent reliabilty. Like everyone else, they have had good models and bad models, but a lot more good and some great innovations. The original Razr was a great phone and had a large following.

Go for the RAZR. It will still be running strong when you are ready for your next device. Moto makes top notch hardware. Had my X since launch and it has had zero issues. Heck I still have an old V90 flip that still works fine.

Sent from my DROIDX

I agree. The hardware is solid, the software update on my X to GB was, at first, a disaster. It did get a lot better after the update to GB, but there are still some minor bugs that are quirks that you learn to live with. That's why, I'll wait for the phone to have shipped with ICS and read the problems, if any.

My OG DROID is as good as the day I got it. I've moved on to the bionic, but I'd be perfectly contempt with moving back to it if something unthinkable happens to my current phone.

After this phone, my plan is another Motorola phone....unless they decide on moving all their phones to disturbing trend of non-removable batteries. Still, we'll see if they can convince me otherwise. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Same here - I've had my OG Droid since the day after introduction two years ago - rooted, overclocked @ 1.1GHz, not a single hardware problem. I'm maybe looking to upgrade in a few months, only because I'd like more memory, but but the Razr, the Nexus, and the rumored Droid 4 all have some minor negatives that make me want to wait a bit longer....the OG is working well enough that there's no rush to upgrade now.

Back