Liberty Tool Box force close.

Hastekilled

Reaction score
I reinstalled Liberty to try and get my contacts and apps to restore and since I restored I have been unable to open the Tool Box from the setting screen. It worked fine the first time I installed but I'm not sure it did before I installed the Linear theme. I can open the app in the app drawer. Just not the one in the settings page. Is there a way I can fix this without reinstalling? I tried a reboot but it didn't help.

DThomp

Reaction score
There is a problem with the Linear theme that reverts Liberty settings to an older version called Liberty toolbox. Kejar knows about it I think as I posted a similar thread about it as well.

I know for a fact that it is the theme as I used settings on stock Liberty without problems, then installed Linear and nothing but force closes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rebaf

Reaction score
i too have had this occur in a theme that wasnt properly compiled or signed....cant remember....anyway; change your theme.

you'll probably notice things like widget lockers settings and launcher pro's preferences wont open right either....if thats the case it was a screw up in steps by the theme dev. during use of apk manager.

anyway, just swap themes.

OP
H

Hastekilled

Reaction score
This is what solved my problem. I tried it while at work before I was going to reinstall Liberty and it did the trick. Hope it gets worked out because I like the theme. Thanks for the responses even though I figured it out before coming back here!