Liberty settings fc

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
When I got to settings/liberty settings and click on "spare parts" I get a force close every time. It actually says that liberty toolbox needs to close. It has done this since I first installed liberty (before adding theme) and does it after reinstalling toolbox and installing themed version of toolbox. I did a data wipe and reinstalled liberty and still no luck. Any ideas? (I'm a bit of a noob at this :) )

61bb5750-11cc-93e8.jpg

61bb5750-11e1-716c.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Otechmobile

Reaction score
........ NOTE NOTE.....YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SETTINGS LIKE CONTACTS AND GMAIL SETUP. BUT U CAN RESTORE THEM AT BOOTUP JUST LIKE WHEN YOU GOT YOUR PHONE. This might HELP IT WORKED FOR ME.....(([MAKE SURE U BACK UP UR PHONE))] To TRY to fix just go into liberty toolbox under your apps and--> click on reboot options then --->click on reboot bootstrap. It will then boot to a green screen. Scroll down using volume up and down keys. Click on--> wipe data (to click on this use the camera button to select) --> then you will see alot of NO's and in the middle or so u will see YES---> {click on this BY USING THE(camera button)}. When it says success---> click on install zip from SD card. Scroll DOWN and find where you downloaded or put the ROM IN. (I USUALLY MAKE A NEW FOLDER NAMED {ROMS} AND PUT ALL MY ROMS IN IT SO I KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM WHEN I WANT). and find Liberty Rom zip, "it should say LibertyX-1.5.zip" I think, going off memory.---> Click on that. It will ask you NO's again
---> click on YES this will reinstall Liberty ROM again. After this is done it will say success.---> Click the back button or the power button and u will see.
{REBOOT NOW. --->Click on this. Ur phone will now reboot. Go through the setup just like when u purchased the phone. When you get on your home screen go into the liberty settings again and see if this works. Hopefully it works this is what corrected that problem for me.

OP
Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Ya I've done all that (when I reinstalled liberty) using Droid x bootstrapper. No luck. Thanks for trying tho

Otechmobile

Reaction score
Have u tried to go under settings and ---> privacy---> and factory reset. And the reinstall liberty Rom after it reboots. That's another way. WHAT VERSION OF LIBETY TOOLBOX ARE U USING? MINE IS 1.1 on bottom right hand screen on the toolbox. And I think there also might be a update under Market for the toolbox.

Otechmobile Powered. Liberated for the second time. LIBERTY ROM 1.5

OP
Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Toolbox version is 1.1. Will try wiping again but not holding my breath.

Otechmobile

Reaction score
Like I said if you go under privacy setting and do a factory reset. I think it does something different than clockwork recovery does I have had the same problem with the toolbox as u had.

Otechmobile Powered. Liberated for the Second Time. LIBERTY ROM 1.5

OP
Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Did that... still no change. Oh well I can probably live without a few options. I don't even know what's in that menu, I just like to explore lol
Edit: I also updated through market to version 1.1.2 and still no go.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That actually just open another app called spare parts. You must have deleted it from /system/app on accident or something.

OP
Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Downloaded spare parts, still doesn't launch from settings but at least I've got it :) thanks guys