Liberty Theme questions

ThinkFlight

Reaction score
I'm trying to switch to the Watermark'D theme using the Liberty's built in theme switcher. However whenever I select this theme, one component doesn't load right.

The icons for the phone, and for the internet browser, down where you change pages and pull up the app drawer are still the Yellow icons from the default theme.

Any ideas how to fix this - I want to stick with this theme as I like its icons, but I looks rather funky with those 2 that I can seem to change out.

I've tried switching between other themes and those seem to work replacing every icon, its just this theme.

Reaction score
I'm trying to switch to the Watermark'D theme using the Liberty's built in theme switcher. However whenever I select this theme, one component doesn't load right.

The icons for the phone, and for the internet browser, down where you change pages and pull up the app drawer are still the Yellow icons from the default theme.

Any ideas how to fix this - I want to stick with this theme as I like its icons, but I looks rather funky with those 2 that I can seem to change out.

I've tried switching between other themes and those seem to work replacing every icon, its just this theme.

You could replace those icons with stock Android icons using the icon switcher in the Liberty Toolbox.

OP
T

ThinkFlight

Reaction score
Yeah I though of that, but its also not working. When I select the icon picker and tap on the icon, it changes it in the app drawer only - not on that launcher.

Reaction score
Yeah I though of that, but its also not working. When I select the icon picker and tap on the icon, it changes it in the app drawer only - not on that launcher.

Ah, I see what you mean now. The easiest way to customize your launcher dock is probably to use a custom launcher like Launcher Pro. As a bonus, you'll get a ton of other features customization options to go along with it.

If you prefer to stick with the default launcher, however, and are the adventurous sort, you could use Metamorph or Ninjamorph to replace those two icons.

OP
T

ThinkFlight

Reaction score
AH ok - but why do the other themes change those 2 icons down there but this one doesn't then? On the image of the theme browser it shows them as different.

Reaction score
AH ok - but why do the other themes change those 2 icons down there but this one doesn't then? On the image of the theme browser it shows them as different.

It's up to the theme author to decide which apps (and which icons in those apps) to theme. From what you've said, it seems that this particular theme does not replace the launcher APK (app package). As for the preview image in the theme browser, well, I can only speculate that the preview image was generated on a phone where this theme was installed over another theme that had already changed those icons.

Reaction score
Ah ok thanks :)

Please keep in mind that I was only speculating and haven't installed that theme myself.

I do recommend checking out custom launchers like Launcher Pro, however. (Many people swear by ADW Launcher, but I didn't like it when I tried it briefly.) If you find one that fits your fancy, you may never want to go back to the default launcher!

garbageman

Reaction score
I love launcherpro. I can't even stand the default browser anymore

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2