Liberty rom

ronlsjr

Reaction score
Is liberty still in development and Is there going to be a new version of liberty rom? I like liberty and I would like a version with all the blur readded. I can't find any gingerbread rom for the droidx. I'm loosing hope on seeing any gingerbread for the droidx.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

csrozier

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing! I love Liberty 1.5 but I keep wondering if maybe or hopefully there's going to be a 1.6 or some more themes or something. I love the ROM, but I'd also like to see some new updates or other stuff come out for it!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If you want blur try apex 1.4. You can go blur or blurless and most of the themes you find on liberty are available for apex. Stock apex is gingerbread themed.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Is liberty still in development and Is there going to be a new version of liberty rom? I like liberty and I would like a version with all the blur readded. I can't find any gingerbread rom for the droidx. I'm loosing hope on seeing any gingerbread for the droidx.

The whole point of Liberty is to be Blur-less. That mentioned, through Liberty Manager, you have the option of installing various Blur add-ons. I am assuming you have not seen this feature or you wouldn't have posted this.

Blur, is indeed, still in development.

csrozier

Reaction score
Sorry guys I'm a little bit of a newbie on certain things I mean I flashed liberty rom so I know how to flash Rom, do the backup/recovery thing obviously, but some things like "blur" and "blurless" and the downfalls/benefits of being blur or blurless is something I know nothing about..I do know when I installed liberty 1.5 on my DX I couldn't find the alarm clock and I ran across that section in the toolbox where u can install the old alarm clock/timer that came with it but that's it..can y'all maybe help me out understanding that stuff a little bit more?

PS- I have even bought jrummys Droid overclock app but I don't know what to put the settings on so I don't even know how to properly overclock..I looked on YouTube but idk if they're experienced or not so I'd rather find out from someone that uses a DX all the time..suggestions?

Mhead85

Reaction score
Blur/blurless is referring to motoblur, motorolas custom skin and apps. Some people like the different look and feel but it can be slow and laggy compared to stock android. You also dump some of the custom apps and widgets or "bloatware". As for overclock you just have to experiment. Start low and build up over a few days untill you start freezing and rebooting then back it down untill stable different voltages can be faster or slower so play with them all. I'm running at low voltage, 1.3gz and have quadrent scores around 1700 but each phone is different.

csrozier

Reaction score
Mhead thanks for helping deciphering those heiroglyphics for me haha...ok I tried the overclock app but when I put it on one preset for low voltage and I think the MHZs were 400,700,900, and 1200 but those other numbers that were like 37,43,56,62 <--idk if that's what I put just example..but when I put these in with those MHZ numbersand clicked to start that profile then, it rebooted my phone..what does that mean?

Mhead85

Reaction score
Usually means the voltage or clock speed didn't agree try a different combo. Also what overclock app are you using. I have droid 2/x overclock

csrozier

Reaction score
I'm using jrummys Droid overclock you pay for in the market for like 2 bucks? Is that one not as good as d2/dx overclocker?

Mhead85

Reaction score
Same thing just adjust it untill you find something that works

droid fetish

Reaction score
Mhead thanks for helping deciphering those heiroglyphics for me haha...ok I tried the overclock app but when I put it on one preset for low voltage and I think the MHZs were 400,700,900, and 1200 but those other numbers that were like 37,43,56,62 <--idk if that's what I put just example..but when I put these in with those MHZ numbersand clicked to start that profile then, it rebooted my phone..what does that mean?
Jrummys OC is kick a$$. when you go into the menu, go to "set scaling frequencies" and choose "low voltage " 1.1 GHZ to start, dont try to set each individual Freq. and voltage yet, let the app. do it. Try each stetting for a day or 2 to see how stable your phone is on that setting. This is the IMPORTANT PART!!! do not set on boot until you have found a Freq. that works well for your phone>