LIBERTY ROM Q's

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry for being such a noob here but i have been considering flashing the liberty rom to try it out and had a few questions....
1. I see that instead of say a gmail icon i usually see it say "gmail" or "email" in pictures that i have seen of people running liberty. Is this part of the rom itself or did someone create a custom shortcut and used it as say a dock icon?

2. Do I need to somehow clear out the darkslide rom before flashing liberty? or can I just dl the file and flash it?

Thanks in advance guy!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
please don't cross post. i already posted in your other thread but this is the correct section so we can continue here.
#1 i don't quite understand
#2 you can flash right on top

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Im guessing he's referring to minimalist text widget...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
Sorry, i didnt see a lot of post in the other forum.

Well, when I look at a lot of screenshots of people running the liberty rom. I see that instead of having icons for say gmail, it just says gmail or email or instead of having the internet icon it says internet.
Is that part of the liberty rom theming or were these created somehow?
I really like the minimalistic look and was wondering how to do this?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
See above :) minimalist text widget available in the market

OP
T

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
when i dl'd the app, i cant quite figure out how to make it a proper shortcut? it always just shows the time

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Haven't actually used it myself... sorry

Reaction score
I believe what the OP is referring to are custom icons that these screenshot posters have used in their custom launcher of choice (e.g. Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher). You can find some here.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Aahhh right... I didn't look at the screen shot first. Oops

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Yes...if you want just "text based" shortcut icons, a great many can be found at Droid Pirate. As a bonus, some of the Icon Packs have .PSD files include so that you can create your own icons that may not be included...

You will need PhotoShop in order to make your own though...

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Yes...if you want just "text based" shortcut icons, a great many can be found at Droid Pirate. As a bonus, some of the Icon Packs have .PSD files include so that you can create your own icons that may not be included...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you shuld be able to use gimp (which is free) to make the icons. Just add text to a transparent background and save as a .PNG and transfer to your phone.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you shuld be able to use gimp (which is free) to make the icons. Just add text to a transparent background and save as a .PNG and transfer to your phone.

Yes, you can use GIMP as well. I like PS since I have been using it since like version 1,1 or something...back when it was Crayons and paper...:D

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score

Yes, you can use GIMP as well. I like PS since I have been using it since like version 1,1 or something...back when it was Crayons and paper...:D

Lol I prefer PS too, just throwing out a *much* cheaper option :)

OP
T

ThaiBoy02

Reaction score
So i download the file and transfer them to my phone. then i will bw able to make the shortcut from the phone?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
So i download the file and transfer them to my phone. then i will bw able to make the shortcut from the phone?

Adw launcher and launcher pro let you change shortcut icons. Both are available in the market with free and paid versions