Liberty issue

Gerane

Reaction score
I'm having an odd issue. It's happened twice today. But sometimes when I turn screen off and go to turn it back on it won't turn back on. It freezes with the screen incredibly dim.where out looks like the screen is off unless you loo ok extremely close. Have to battery pull.

I have had this issue with liberty 1.0, 1.5, rubix and gummyjar. All of the roms running on the gummyjar base. Tried doing factory resets etc, but always ends up coming back. Anyone else had this problem? I know I've heard others have the same issue, anyone know a fix?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Shadows9909

Reaction score
I've had this issue as well.. used to happen all the time on liberty 1.0 but recently it only happens when musocbis playing. And if you just leave it for a while it will reboot itself.. would love to know a fix as well :)
Sent from my DROIDX

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Yeah, getting some random reboots as well. Just got one trying to open the gallery. This is my third fresh install of 1.5. Didn't have this many issues with 1.0.

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
1. Theme installed
-Stock theme, also happened with gingerbread theme on 1.0

2. Mods installed (no clock, data throttle)
-No mods installed

3. basic information on what you were doing when you experienced the issue.
-Screen off, hit power button or home to awake device. Screen either doesn't turn on at all or is VERY dimly lit to the point of not being on. Device will hang at the dimly lit screen or screen that is completely off for about 20-30 seconds then device will reboot or soft boot.
I have also had the device lock up when pulling down the notification drawer while browsing the web. That only happened once where as the other issue is almost daily.

No overclocking either.

Hopefully that helps.

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
1. Theme installed
-red gingerbread, but has also occurred with stock and normal gingerbread. happened with all three in 1.0 as well. I've also had this occur in rubix and gummyjar before I made the switch to liberty on launch day.

-No mods installed

-I will go to turn the phone on and it either won't turn on or is extremely dim. Where you can just barely see that the screen is even lit. For me, I have to pull the battery in either situation. The most recent time this happened was during a text message. I turned screen off for a few seconds mid text message and when I went to turn it back on it was stuck with the dim screen.

Then this morning, I also had a reboot when opening the Gallery asp. It wouldn't load, the froze, then after about 15 seconds rebooted.

I was in another thread closer to when liberty came out, and was talking to 3 or 4 other people who were having the din screen issue.

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
I have yet been able to pinpoint anything specific. Signs random when it happens. No specific app. Only thing that stays the same is turning the screen off, and then turning it back on within say 20 seconds of turning it off

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
I have yet been able to pinpoint anything specific. Signs random when it happens. No specific app. Only thing that stays the same is turning the screen off, and then turning it back on within say 20 seconds of turning it off

I agree with this idea of rapid on off type scenarios.

My gallery sometimes takes forever to load.

breakerfall

Reaction score
+1 here.
Stock theme, no overclock, changed battery icons via Toolbox.

Full reset per install instructions.

I don't remember seeing this on Gummy, and I didn't have Liberty 1.0 installed.

Sometimes if I mash buttons it will come back without a battery pull (or random reset). I cannot pin it to any specific app running behind the lockscreen.

SCDroid

Reaction score
1. Theme installed
-stock theme

-No mods installed

-I will go to turn the phone on and it either won't turn on or is extremely dim. Where you can just barely see that the screen is even lit. For me, I have to pull the battery in either situation. The most recent time this happened was during a text message. I turned screen off for a few seconds mid text message and when I went to turn it back on it was stuck with the dim screen.

- exact same as above. Did it in 1.0 and 1.5 both with fresh installs and no restore using titanium backup (haven't even reinstalled titanium)

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Just had out happen again. This time screen wouldn't turn on. Was using twidroyd and turned screen off. Went back to turn it on 15 seconds later and out wouldn't turn on. About 15 seconds after this I got a reboot.

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Man, not my day. Happened again. This time I wasn't doing anything. Just turned screen off, went to turn it on about 20 seconds later to check time. Wouldn't tien on and eventually rebooted

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
This exact type of issue has happened to me for quite sometime now(sometimes, now always), and not sure why it's happening.

Like, after about 5 days, I like to power down(restart) my Droid X to free up memory, so when I do that, I power it back up, it seems to be working fine, then after a few minutes, the screen dims to darkness, and when I try to wake it up from its slumber, it doesn't want to wake up. And after about 5 more minutes just to see if it finally awakes, I feel the bottom part of it, and it's very worm, like instead of being idle, it's working very hard, but with no lit screen.

So I have to do a battery pull. I leave it off for about 10 minutes, let it cool off, then turn it back on. After that, it works as fine as it always has for another 5 days, and so on and so forth. Very strange this is happening.

shawn13165

Reaction score
1. Theme installed
-gingerbread theme

-No mods installed

- exact same as above. Did it in 1.0 and 1.5 both with fresh installs and no restore using titanium backup (haven't even reinstalled titanium)

I've had this happen on both 1.0 and 1.5

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App