Liberty 3 RC 1.1?

slavnost

Reaction score
I'm having an issue when installing the .340. I've downloaded the .340, the .602 and liberty3. I start off by installing .340 through the liberty toolbox at which point it backs my stuff up and does the wipe. After that is goes into the installation process in CWM but keeps failing during the 'updating RADIO' followed by:

assert failed: motorola.update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin", "/tmp/bp.img")
E:Error in /sdcard/romtoolbox/downloads/OTA/340-Odexed-AI0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log Please open ROM Manager to report the issue

Any suggestions?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You do need to flash through Bootstrap because you need to manually format and mount system. Then flash.

Boot Manager

slavnost

Reaction score
Update: I got my DX back to stock, re-rooted it, installed the liberty toolbox and rom manager, but now I can't get my phone into clockwork mod. I've flashed it through rom manager(i've tried the 1st and 2nd init) and it says it was successful, but I can't get my phone into clockwork. I've tried through rom manager, liberty tool box, and from boot with power+camera, but nothing gets me in.

On the plus side, atleast I have a phone again :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update: I got my DX back to stock, re-rooted it, installed the liberty toolbox and rom manager, but now I can't get my phone into clockwork mod. I've flashed it through rom manager(i've tried the 1st and 2nd init) and it says it was successful, but I can't get my phone into clockwork. I've tried through rom manager, liberty tool box, and from boot with power+camera, but nothing gets me in.

On the plus side, atleast I have a phone again :)

Cool. Try D2 Bootstrap to get into recovery

Boot Manager

slavnost

Reaction score
I got it to work using Bootstrap Recovery, victory is mine! Liberty 3 is running flawlessly!

Thanks for all the help ^_^

EDIT: new problem; can't make phone calls, texts, and it doesn't seem to have any 3g connection...

Last edited:

Janux

Reaction score
I got it to work using Bootstrap Recovery, victory is mine! Liberty 3 is running flawlessly!

Thanks for all the help ^_^

EDIT: new problem; can't make phone calls, texts, and it doesn't seem to have any 3g connection...

Might need to activate your phone. I believe its *228...but might want to double check

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you go to .602 or .605 there is a radio update. You have to reactivate it. Dial *228 and choose option 1.

Boot Manager

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have to... if you start having problems though, just boot into recovery and wipe data

Boot Manager

jonsey4533

Reaction score
Thanks Brad, I went ahead and wiped before i did it...figured better to be safe! couple of questions though...what is the best course for a successful wireless tether with Liberty 3 and where can I get some themes?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brad, I went ahead and wiped before i did it...figured better to be safe! couple of questions though...what is the best course for a successful wireless tether with Liberty 3 and where can I get some themes?

Not sure on the themes. Try googling them. You can flash the Wugpacked Tether patch for tethering.

http://db.tt/dRA4pnrD

Boot Manager