Liberty 2.0 Public Release tonight?

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
it was awesome. Really speedy, not gonna lie. Not sure why, but Astro loaded like seriously 3x as fast. Browsing was great. I'm just waiting for some custom ROMs. Blur was better, WAAAAY better than before, but I know it could be faster. You can read more about how I feel here: ADroidBlog.com

phlux

Reaction score
awesome! Can't wait. Speed is also a lot of perception, ya know? Gingerbread just felt fast. I'll prolly still flash this. I do like the idea of cache dump schedule. Nice. Maybe I will donate! :p

How is Gingerbread?

Everything was great for me, too, except my keyboard lights would go off and never come back on..took a reboot to fixed...if I could find a workaround for this, I'd still be using it. :(

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
awesome! Can't wait. Speed is also a lot of perception, ya know? Gingerbread just felt fast. I'll prolly still flash this. I do like the idea of cache dump schedule. Nice. Maybe I will donate! :p

How is Gingerbread?

Everything was great for me, too, except my keyboard lights would go off and never come back on..took a reboot to fixed...if I could find a workaround for this, I'd still be using it. :(

Ok, I'm glad I wasn't the only one having that issue. Usually locking and unlocking the screen worked for me, I didn't have to reboot. Yeesh. Sorry dude. Did your LCD brightness ever change?

phlux

Reaction score
How is Gingerbread?

Ok, I'm glad I wasn't the only one having that issue. Usually locking and unlocking the screen worked for me, I didn't have to reboot. Yeesh. Sorry dude. Did your LCD brightness ever change?

Simple lock/unlock did nothing for me...I didn't notice my LCD brightness changing, and I normally keep it at the stock settings. I'm hoping the official release will work flawlessly. I'm actually a fan of Blur and Blur widgets (I know...shame on me...) I have always just wished Blur wasn't so sluggish. GB seems to address this issue, and I think it's nearly perfect.

I'm back on stock Froyo rooted for now, and my SD Card showed up as "Damaged," after making a ROM Manager backup today, so I had to buy a new one...I'm reluctant to flash Liberty again in fear that GB will be here tomorrow and my SD Card will fail again...I don't want to have to SBF again.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I think you'll be safe to flash. Blur isn't all bad I just don't see much worth to a lot of the widgets. I like scrollable social networking. Official GB or any custom ROMs aren't prolly gonna be out for a while. I think at least. It's only been like 1.5 weeks? I have to agree that this is the fastest stock Android phone I've owned. The D1 stock blew, but with UD 3.2 GB my gf's freaking flies. Seriously, just as fast as my phone on Froyo. GB edged past her kinda, but she loves it. I wish we'd get Ultimate Droid. Did you mean the Official OTA Gingerbread?

phlux

Reaction score
I think you'll be safe to flash. Blur isn't all bad I just don't see much worth to a lot of the widgets. I like scrollable social networking. Official GB or any custom ROMs aren't prolly gonna be out for a while. I think at least. It's only been like 1.5 weeks? I have to agree that this is the fastest stock Android phone I've owned. The D1 stock blew, but with UD 3.2 GB my gf's freaking flies. Seriously, just as fast as my phone on Froyo. GB edged past her kinda, but she loves it. I wish we'd get Ultimate Droid. Did you mean the Official OTA Gingerbread?

Yep, OTA.

Should I flash Liberty 2.0, or (given the news..) should I wait for the 2.0 official release tomorrow? I'm also hearing that wifi isn't working with Liberty 2.0, and that it is also having the same keyboard issue as GB.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Yep, OTA.

Should I flash Liberty 2.0, or (given the news..) should I wait for the 2.0 official release tomorrow? I'm also hearing that wifi isn't working with Liberty 2.0, and that it is also having the same keyboard issue as GB.

I'd wait till tomorrow. Odds are he's prolly fixed those issues. That's what I'm doing. Wifi not working would be a huge deal breaker for me. We'll see tomorrow I guess. I don't have 2.0, but I'll flash first thing it's public probably. I'm a flashaholic. If it's new I just have to try it. And then blog about it. lol

phlux

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I flash Liberty 1.5 tonight (which I absolutely loved, btw) if I can just update to 2.0 tomorrow without having to wipe data/cache. I'd hate to have to sit here and download all of my apps again tonight just to have to come back and do it tomorrow.

Mr. Steve

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I flash Liberty 1.5 tonight (which I absolutely loved, btw) if I can just update to 2.0 tomorrow without having to wipe data/cache. I'd hate to have to sit here and download all of my apps again tonight just to have to come back and do it tomorrow.

You'll still have to wipe even if you do it within a day, that is of course if you want to make sure you don't have any crazy glitches because you didn't wait. If I were you, I'd just wait until 2.0 comes out and go from there.

jocko1

Reaction score
Jrummy16 is from california, so he is behind alot of us. For instance, if he releases it at midnight it would 4am in my time zone. If some of you live In the west it might be late for you. Try and be patient jrummy16 is hard at work I'm sure.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update/sage advice...?

Lol :p That was funny.

kfa_tpa

Reaction score
I have the keyboard backlight issue every now and then, but I just enable/disable the automatic backlight option in settings and it resolves it for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Looks like Jrummy is now uploading Liberty 2.0 to the public.

luther1517

Reaction score
Only dx till he gets out of the gym looks like lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums