Liberty 0.5?

lpulle

Reaction score
Knowing what he is going thru- - If I were jrummy- -- I would work on something else and let us crybaby's wait

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

D

dankarlinski

Give jrummy a break. He alone has kept liberty alive... given all of the devices and roms out there, I think we should just appreciate the work he gives us..

Also, keep in mind that I believe he is in school or married as well.

joeonetime

Reaction score
Give jrummy a break. He alone has kept liberty alive...

All of this whining and complaining truly amazes me. I have a Hackintosh (running OSX on a Dell Netbook) and I see people ALL the time on the message boards, complaining about bugs, and assigning all sorts of criticality to them, saying that the "need this for their business" or "can't service their clients without it", and that the level of service is "unacceptable".

What people fail to remember is that they are using EXPERIMENTAL products that have been created by folks IN THEIR SPARE TIME. Anyone who does anything mission critical on a hackintosh is an IDIOT, plain and simple. If you want OSX and need it for business, BUY A FREAKING MAC.

Same goes for smartphones. If you choose to load a ROM on your phone, presumably because it's better than what the manufacturer gives you, ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE MAY BE DELAYS AND THERE MAY BE BUGS.

If you can't accept delays or bugs, then GO BACK TO STOCK, AND WAIT FOR MOTOROLA TO RELEASE GINGERBREAD OTA.

People will never cease to amaze me.

Reaction score
Why is Liberty .5 an upgrade from Liberty 2.0.1? I'm sure it's been explained before, but since this whole thread is everybody complaining about everybody else. It's probably a good thing for me to break up the conversation a little.

Liberated56

Reaction score
Beacause liberty 2.0.1 is froyo
And liberty GB V0.5 IS GINGER BREAD

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty is awesome.freaking awesome. I have nooooo problem running 2.0.1.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

rystan11

Reaction score
Is it hot in here or is it just me?

I own a d2 and love it. I have the donate toolbox and love it too. But honestly, its a phone. Think about what you had 5-6 years ago (+/-). I was rockin' THE LG Voyager :p and what u have in your hands is still a millions times better than that junk. Jrummey has a life and responsibilities as we all do. The point is, we'll get it when its ready. It'll make it that much sweeter when its ready. It could be worse. You COULD have Nokia plumber's phone or a magic jack :p but no, you're up to date.

Every party has a pooper. That's why I invited me!

MindArchr

Reaction score
Plain and simple, everyone is entitled is to their opinion, good or bad. Whether someone has something positive or negative to say, it will receive feedback regardless, because either people agree or disagree.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
All im saying is it was $5 if thats going to bust your wallet then you dont need a smart phone and it is a donation you didnt have to by it..... and o heavenly forbid you donate $5 to help a guy out that does all this work for no personal gain is what im getting at....be happy your even getting nightlights and not having to wait for beta or a full release as said ^^^^^ good things come to those who wait..... i think $5 is not enough for what your getting out of the toolbox myself but thats just my 2cents

Blame the figures not me!!!
I partially agree with you on the money aspect, not so much on the "if $5 is going to bust your wallet" because I have been there before, but that wasnt even my point. We all fall on hard time now and then with unforeseen expenses like medical bills. Maybe some one cant do it this week, or next, but maybe next month. Dont forget that we are locked in to a contract so maybe some one could afford the phone and apps when they signed up but lets say a year in to the contract they get in a wreck and have to get an x-ray done. It might put them in a pinch for a few months while they get that paid off.

You said does any one know how long it takes to make a rom. To an extent I do. My point is the DX and D2 share almost all the same hardware so any bug fixes should be pretty easily carried over from one rom to another(read Liberty GB for DX vs Liberty GB for D2). Im not trying to criticize jrummy by any means I am simply saying I dont see what the hold up would be.

Last edited:

cydetrakd

Reaction score
I didn't realize Jrummy was the only person left on the entire Liberty Team. I wasn't trying to criticize just stating my opinions on the delays only for the D2. Back to waiting which there are some that is cool with it and others that aren't. I'm going to give the Apex Gb rom a tryout since it is out now too.

Oowoon

Reaction score
I didn't realize Jrummy was the only person left on the entire Liberty Team. I wasn't trying to criticize just stating my opinions on the delays only for the D2. Back to waiting which there are some that is cool with it and others that aren't. I'm going to give the Apex Gb rom a tryout since it is out now too.

That's what I am doing. For the time being.

chaaaad

Reaction score
You said does any one know how long it takes to make a rom. To an extent I do. My point is the DX and D2 share almost all the same hardware so any bug fixes should be pretty easily carried over from one rom to another(read Liberty GB for DX vs Liberty GB for D2). Im not trying to criticize jrummy by any means I am simply saying I dont see what the hold up would be.

Jrummy owns a DX and basically copy/pastes a few essential files that are different between the X and 2. That being said, there are different bugs on the D2 than there are on the DX. He could put 0.5 up right this very moment if he wanted to, but do you really want a buggier nightly?

The official gingerbread build should be coming out within the next week. Different builds means different coding, and therefore he's going to have to almost start over again. So instead of releasing more nightlies, Team Liberty decided to wait until the official build comes out.

And this is all completely besides the fact that Jrummy has finals next week.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
but do you really want a buggier nightly?

Well..I have a D2G if you didnt notice, so it doesnt affect me one way or the other since I cant use it. :p

That said, I realize it takes a little longer, because he has to push the update out to a select few, or everyone, then wait for feedback, patch, feedback, path some more or move on to the next bug, path, and so on. If he has indeed decided to wait for gingerbread, an announcement, like what you said, posted here would probably get most people to quit complaining. Of course you still have the few who are going to moan no matter what but I think the majority would be understanding.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
All im saying is it was $5 if thats going to bust your wallet then you dont need a smart phone and it is a donation you didnt have to by it..... and o heavenly forbid you donate $5 to help a guy out that does all this work for no personal gain is what im getting at....be happy your even getting nightlights and not having to wait for beta or a full release as said ^^^^^ good things come to those who wait..... i think $5 is not enough for what your getting out of the toolbox myself but thats just my 2cents

Blame the figures not me!!!

I agree, well said