LG spectrum rooted

jet

Reaction score
WOO HOO!

It did not work the first time. I'm not sure way. Rebooting my computer allowed it to connect in debugging mode and the run.bat worked fine.

YoungGuner

Reaction score
It says "
[FONT=tahoma, arial, sans-serif]Now install LG adb drivers on your PC" [/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma, arial, sans-serif]When I open that zip, all that's in it is a system info, system file and application extension. What do I do with these files? [/FONT]​

jet

Reaction score
when you connect the phone it should install the Verizon LG upgrade utility and drivers.

when you connect use the internet, ethernet connection.

liteon163

Reaction score
I've done everything listed and it just doesn't work for me.

The run.bat file just gets stuck at "*daemon started successfully*" I have left it at this point for as many as 10 minutes before I simply close the cmd window, disconnect the phone, and reboot both the PC and the phone.

How do I know if adb is running correctly?

UPDATE: I ended up uninstalling the USB drivers I found somewhere else, rebooted my PC, installed the USB drivers listed HERE, rebooted the PC again, and tried rooting my LG Spectrum again.

SUCCESS!

I will de-bloat tomorrow!

liteon163

Reaction score
Yesterday I rooted my one month old LG Spectrum. Today I partially de-bloated it.

Here's what I have successfully removed so far:
Bitbop
Blockbuster
Finance
Friends Plus widget
Hot Pursuit
Let's Golf 2
News
Polaris Office
Rhapsody
Richnote + widget
TuneWiki
VCast Apps + installer
VCast Media Manager
VCast Tones
Verizon Video
Video Surf
VZ Navigator

There are a few others I'd like to remove, but I'm not sure if I should. They are:
DummyApp.apk/.odex
Favorite Contacts widget
Guided Tours
In Touch widget
Interactive Messages
MLT.apk/.odex
Quick Reference
Social Plus
Today Plus widget
VZWService.apk
Weather + widget
What's New

Anyone have any concrete advice? I state it that way because I can't find advice anywhere else and I don't want someone to just say "Go for it!"

Thanks

scott240

Reaction score
I just got my phone a couple days ago so now its time to root. I just got a software update and then I tried to root my spectrum and I cant get my computer to reconize my phone. i downloaded the all in one root package and installed the drivers that were on it and still no luck. has anyone rooted their phone after the software update, or am I just doing something wrong. I did noticed that when I am plugged in to my computer and in internet mode and I went to check to make sure usb debugging was checked it was grayed out and it wouldnt let me click on it. If I go to charge only it it accessible and checked. When I run Root&recovery it says

Rooting
Press any key to continue . . .
*daemon not running. starting it now*
*daemon started successufully*
_

and it just sits there and doesnt do anything after that. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

doniuppa

Reaction score
I did it took and I had trouble initially. Make sure you have USB debugging set and try different connection modes under settings "default connection modes". I"m not sure which one finally worked.

joeybear

Reaction score
Verizon must have tweaked something in the VS920ZV6 version, because once I plug my phone in, USB debug mode becomes disabled (and grayed out). See below images. I'm assuming that's why adb.osx doesn't connect and just sits there indefinitely:
Code:
lappy:spectrum_root_linux_osx jtalbot$ sudo ./adb.osx wait-for-device
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

My phone's software:
2012-08-04 13.55.04.png

Debug mode is enabled and not grayed out when not tethered:
2012-08-04 13.43.27.png

Debug mode is disabled and grayed out upon tethering:
2012-08-04 13.43.45.png

This is some dirty, dirty, filthy, dirty tactics, if this is Verizon's doing, which wouldn't surprise me one.damn.bit.

Is there some kind of magic sauce workaround?

jet

Reaction score
What is your Connection Mode set to? It should be Internet connection, Ethernet.