Any word on JB for LG Spectrum?

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Anything new about JB (Official) for Spectrum?

ARorlando

Reaction score
No. Not that I've heard of. I can't imagine that LG or Verizion will be investing any official resources on getting that out for us.

I bit the bullet and figured out how to install CyanogenMod. It was a bit confusing, but after I got it installed, it's been easy to keep it updated. I'm running CyanogenMod 10.1.3-RC3 (9/5/13), which is based upon Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean.) It runs much better with a lot more features, and quick gestures to be more productive. I would highly recommend it for the Spectrum.

However, I am hoping/planning to change to the LG G2. For some reason, it is not knocking the HTC One or the Samsung S4 off their pedestals (by reviewers), but to me, it is further ahead than both of those. I'm waiting to see what the Moto X and Nexus 5 are like before pulling the trigger, though.

The two biggest things for me about the LG G2 are the 5.2" screen in a foot print that is about the same as the Spectrum, AND the 3,000 mAh battery.
The two concerns (however small) are the non-removable battery and lack of timely updates by Verizon for LG products.