LG-P700 Screen not turning on.

Xtrela

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-P700
Hi. I'm having an issue with my phone screen. I've unscrewed my phone to get better access to my audio input so that i could clean it. And when i put it back together and boot up my phone the screen doesn't turn on. Sound works because i can hear the boot up sound and the back and menu buttons also work, but the screen doesn't. I'm not sure if touching the screen even does anything.

P

promo87

Hi. I'm having an issue with my phone screen. I've unscrewed my phone to get better access to my audio input so that i could clean it. And when i put it back together and boot up my phone the screen doesn't turn on. Sound works because i can hear the boot up sound and the back and menu buttons also work, but the screen doesn't. I'm not sure if touching the screen even does anything.

Weird, it looks like while you are screwing your device back ! Something may have gone wrong and your device puts itself over the boot loader menu ! I would say try factory resetting it and if that doesn't works I think you need to re-load the firmware over to your device.

PS: Flash the firmware or factory resetting your device is going to wipe out your files and folders you have created such as images, songs, etc...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Weird, it looks like while you are screwing your device back ! Something may have gone wrong and your device puts itself over the boot loader menu ! I would say try factory resetting it and if that doesn't works I think you need to re-load the firmware over to your device.

PS: Flash the firmware or factory resetting your device is going to wipe out your files and folders you have created such as images, songs, etc...
Please, stop! You are confusing everyone! We all appreciate anyone willing to help, but attempting to help when you know nothing about the subject only makes everything more confusing.

That said, there are numerous ribbon cables in the device. You may have pulled one loose, or possibly ripped one, in the process of opening the phone. The part you're actually referring to is called a digitizer, which is in fact, connected to the main board.

Opening your device should have nothing to do with flashing firmware. There is no reason to, all the sudden, have a software issue after a physical repair.

OP
X

Xtrela

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-P700
Please, stop! You are confusing everyone! We all appreciate anyone willing to help, but attempting to help when you know nothing about the subject only makes everything more confusing.

That said, there are numerous ribbon cables in the device. You may have pulled one loose, or possibly ripped one, in the process of opening the phone. The part you're actually referring to is called a digitizer, which is in fact, connected to the main board.

Opening your device should have nothing to do with flashing firmware. There is no reason to, all the sudden, have a software issue after a physical repair.

Is it easy to fix or do I have to take the phone apart by pieces? In which case i think it would be safer to send it for repairs.

I've watched some videos on YouTube and it seemed a bit hard and also if it's completely broken i would have to get a new digitizer which would be pointless for me to get since I'm going to buy a new phone in a month anyway.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can take it apart like you did the first time, and verify whether a ribbon has been pulled or damaged.

OP
X

Xtrela

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG-P700
You can take it apart like you did the first time, and verify whether a ribbon has been pulled or damaged.

The problem is i don't really know what to look for.

I tried to put disconnecting and connecting back some contacts but it seems it didn't help.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem is i don't really know what to look for.

I tried to put disconnecting and connecting back some contacts but it seems it didn't help.
Did you inspect them to verify they weren't ripped? I can't say much more as I don't know the phone very well.