LG Optimus LTE2 Appears at Global Certification Forum Heading to Verizon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg_lte2.jpeg

A new device with the model name VS930 was seen at the GCF (Global Certification Forum). The report indicates that the device is most likely a Verizon version of the LG Optimus LTE2. This could be the first phone to come with 2GB of RAM on board. Here are the other specs hinted at for this device:
  • 4.7-inch TrueHD IPS display
  • 2150 mAh battery
  • Wireless charging
  • Dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
The phone will also supposedly have some camera features to rival the HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy S III. Here's a quote from TalkAndroid with some more details,

We already know that the LTE2 has features such as a 4.7-inch TrueHD IPS screen, 2GB of RAM, Ice Cream Sandwich, wireless charging, and a 2150mAh battery but we are now hearing about camera features that can compare to the likes of the HTC One series phones and the GSIII. Using the ICS camera API, the LTE2 will have very little shutter lag and a “Time Machine” mode that will allow the user to take a burst of pictures with the ability to pick out the best shot from the bunch. Also, the LTE2′s 8MP camera will have a voice activated shutter feature as well as preset filter options such as the popular HDR mode.

What do you guys think of this one? It seems pretty beastly, and could actually give LG a much needed rep boost...

Source: TalkAndroid

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Voice activated shutter really is a nice thing to have, or any kind of shutter thing.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss having a physical camera button. I don't know why they're getting rid of it, but I hate having to rely on the screen button. It ruins a lot of photos, since my hands are not that steady at times.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Ive said, something BIG (spec wise) is going to have to come out to really get me away from my Nexus. this looks very promising though with the 2gb ram and that fatty battery.

EDIT: I dont think i could go any bigger screen wise to my Nexus.. I noticed it says 4.7 inch on the specs on this LG, then in the paragraph it says 4.5inch.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
bluefire7002 said:
Ive said, something BIG (spec wise) is going to have to come out to really get me away from my Nexus. this looks very promising though with the 2gb ram and that fatty battery.

EDIT: I dont think i could go any bigger screen wise to my Nexus.. I noticed it says 4.7 inch on the specs on this LG, then in the paragraph it says 4.5inch.

Vzw version may be different from the International version.

hotice

Reaction score
Nice!

I love the 2GB of RAM! It should be good for the next few versions of Android. Does "TrueHD" mean 1080p? Kinda nuts and of questionable value on a screen that size especially since it will hurt performance and battery life. A 2150mAH battery is not bad especially with the 28nm S4 - which I think is a great processor choice! I love the fact that it's LCD and not OLED. IPS specifically is a great technology. That usually seems to help battery life and they're usually just brighter it seems to me.

I'd still love to see more phones out there with huge batteries like the Razr Maxx. Moto did it without making the phone big so I don't understand why nobody else can do it. Still, this thing will probably have good battery life. I'm also not sure what I think of LG Android phones. I've seen a lot of apps that for some reason are not compatible with the LG Optimus. Is that an Optimus problem or an LG problem? How is LG with Android updates? I know I've seen some out there.