[Rumor] VZW LG Optimus LTE2 Caught in the Wild; Specs and Launch Date Leaked: July 13

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lgvs930verizonlead01.jpeg

Yesterday we shared a story about a super high-end LG phone that could be coming toward the end of this year, but it looks like LG also has a more current flagship phone about to launch on Verizon. Today we have some leaked info and an "in the wild" picture of a phone called the LG VS930, which is likely the LG Optimus LTE II for Verizon. As you can see from the pic, there is clearly a Verizon logo on the device. We also have some leaked specs and a potential release date. Here's the spec breakdown (and the service manual .pdf file linked here):
  • Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 SoC
  • 4.7-inch "True HD IPS" display (1280 x 720 pixels)
  • 16GB of built-in storage
  • Global radio support (GSM/UMTS/CDMA/LTE)
  • NFC (it comes with programmable tags)
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 8-megapixel autofocus camera.
According to the source of the leaked data, the phone may actually be coming as early as July 13th, which is this Friday (just in case you don't pay much attention to calendars). Could LG be making a comeback/resurgence? In the past they kind of had a reputation as the low-end smartphone maker, but it appears they may be trying to shatter that image. What do you guys think?

Source: Engadget

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it looks they may be trying.. specs wise are on par with most other phones now

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep.. this is as good as the razr HD/vanquish... I don't know about the hardware...:D

Edit: from what's been rumored about it anyway... hint hint moto :banghead:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What is up with the menu key being physical? That just makes it awkward.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is up with the menu key being physical? That just makes it awkward.

I don't think the menu key is physical. I think it's the way the Engadget watermark is mixing with the picture warps the look of the buttons. I don't think any of the buttons on the bottom are physical. I could be wrong... :)

Edit: I just realized you guys probably mean that the buttons are actual buttons instead of using the ICS buttons. Ignore my post above, I understand that some folks don't like having a separate button. i am on the fence on that subject.

Last edited:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Moving forward I want to use Google's envision. Death to physical buttons and that's my main complaint with the SGS 3 because I can get around touch Wiz.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why all the physical button hate? If you are going to have a bezel, to hold them 4 radios, might as well be used for something...

Also, every time a new phone comes out with buttons, we got haters on the forum. My OG had physical buttons, and I will always cherish the fact that when someone saw my phone, there was no guessing about what kind of phone it was...iPhone...no silly, Android, check the buttons! Those buttons say Android, loud and clear.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
akhenax said:
Why all the physical button hate? If you are going to have a bezel, to hold them 4 radios, might as well be used for something...

Also, every time a new phone comes out with buttons, we got haters on the forum. My OG had physical buttons, and I will always cherish the fact that when someone saw my phone, there was no guessing about what kind of phone it was...iPhone...no silly, Android, check the buttons! Those buttons say Android, loud and clear.

Because its in the software now. I understand what you are saying but people have to get over nostalgia. Just like in gaming 007 is terrible now.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
But no one wants the same thing. We don't want all Android phones to be the same. We want choice. Person A may like physical buttons, person B may not. It's all about Diversity of Android, which I say is good.

Perhaps newer phones can have different touch sensitive buttons that light up when the active, and stay hidden when not. I don't think I've seen that yet.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't think the menu key is physical. I think it's the way the Engadget watermark is mixing with the picture warps the look of the buttons. I don't think any of the buttons on the bottom are physical. I could be wrong... :)

Edit: I just realized you guys probably mean that the buttons are actual buttons instead of using the ICS buttons. Ignore my post above, I understand that some folks don't like having a separate button. i am on the fence on that subject.

It's not that I don't like having separate buttons. I actually kind of like it that way. It just looks weird is all. The buttons are fairly stock ICS look, and they're fairly close together. Then you have the menu key which is spaced fairly far apart from the other ones. Making it look like it was "tacked on".

IMO, if you're going to have non on screen buttons ditch the multitask key and replace it with a search button. Or, in LG case ditch the menu button, and add a search button. I think a lot of android users want that search button back.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Yes thats the beauty of android diversity. I want on screen navigation buttons for here on out. On this particular device though it looks terrible. The search button looks ridiculous. :blink:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not that I don't like having separate buttons. I actually kind of like it that way. It just looks weird is all. The buttons are fairly stock ICS look, and they're fairly close together. Then you have the menu key which is spaced fairly far apart from the other ones. Making it look like it was "tacked on".

IMO, if you're going to have non on screen buttons ditch the multitask key and replace it with a search button. Or, in LG case ditch the menu button, and add a search button. I think a lot of android users want that search button back.

LG VS930 for Verizon - Engadget Galleries

The buttons are spaced out equally, it's just that the menu button is smaller and thinner.