LG Not Sole Candidate for Google's New Nexus; Others Still In the Running

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-still-in-the-running-for-the-next-Nexus-device.jpg

Earlier this week, LG stated that they were in discussions with Google about manufacturing the newest Nexus device. But it seems they aren't the only ones. HTC's global online communication manager Jeff Gordon claims that Google has yet to make a decision on who will manufacture the device, and that they are still in the running. Previously HTC has made two Google reference devices (G1 and Nexus One), while LG has yet to make a Nexus device. Other possible candidates include Samsung (Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus) and Motorola (XOOM), although no official claims have been made. It will be interesting to see who Google chooses especially with their new acquisition of Motorola Mobility.

Between HTC, Samsung, Motorola, and LG who would you like to see make the new Android 5.0 Jelly Bean Nexus? Let us know in what you think.

By eDogNights

Source: PhoneArena

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh bless you, Google. Unless LG really shapes up their smart phone manufacturing, I really would prefer a Nexus device manufactured by someone else. But this is all for not if another one doesn't even make it to Verizon. I believe the best chance of another Nexus making it to Verizon is if it's made under the Motorola name. VZW is in bed with Moto. I really don't care who makes it (save LG), just as long as it makes it to Verizon.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I really don't care who makes it (save LG), just as long as it makes it to Verizon.

+1 ... however, I'd like to see Google give a Nexus attempt to someone other than the big three (Samsung, Moto, HTC), so that we can get more competitors with high quality products. It would pressure LG to make the best phone possible, and down the road give the consumer more choices for "todays" best phone. Just my opinion as a consumer... may not be the smartest decision for their businesses tho.

alboboy10

Reaction score
LG is horrible. I pray not. Either HTC or Samsung I'd like to see. But Motorola would be ok too if they start changing the way they work. A nexus with a Samsung led 1080p screen, the maxx battery, and either an HTC or Samsung like exterior design would be great.

No more 4.7 inch phones though its too big. 4.3 with a huge screen similar to the current would be nice.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
LG is horrible. I pray not. Either HTC or Samsung I'd like to see. But Motorola would be ok too if they start changing the way they work. A nexus with a Samsung led 1080p screen, the maxx battery, and either an HTC or Samsung like exterior design would be great.

No more 4.7 inch phones though its too big. 4.3 with a huge screen similar to the current would be nice.

Or Google could have all of them make it...

I always thought it would be cool to have all of them (Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc.) make an android phone. That way the phone would have all of their strengths.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or Google could have all of them make it...

I always thought it would be cool to have all of them (Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc.) make an android phone. That way the phone would have all of their strengths.

A consumer's dream, but a nightmare from a business standpoint.

rowdyguy124

Reaction score

Hold your tongue. I love this 4.65" screen on the Galaxy Nexus. It's absolutely perfect. 4.8" anyone?!

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Agree. I prefer a 4 inch screen, with 4.3 being the max. If it was a tablet and I didn't carry it everywhere, then I would be happy with a 5 inch screen, but not for a phone.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
I'd love to see a Motorola Droid Nexus somewhere down the line.

And if it had a slideout keyboard, oh sweet mercy, I would abandon my "every other version" upgrade model in a heartbeat.

Edit: Cannot let this go

You guys better get on board, bigger is here to stay!
This could be taken out of context in SO many ways. XD

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Hold your tongue. I love this 4.65" screen on the Galaxy Nexus. It's absolutely perfect. 4.8" anyone?!

I love it too. Its perfect when using two hands but when I wanna lay down use one hand despite the fact that they made the screen nearly the entire front its still big! I don't have monster hands.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I want to see htc make the device. Put an s4 quadcore in it, with the s-lcd2 at 1080p and you got a winner.

Insidious

Reaction score
LG isn't really that bad. My experience with them has been great. Their UI and update schedules need to change though. Better optics, and design is a must If they want to stand out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Anyone but HTC I do not like any of their designs, they feel stale and drab... I would actually prefer Samsung or Moto... Either would be fine by me. as for screen size I love the looks of the edge to edge 4.8 on the Samsung GS3.