Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I want to give Huawei a run. I just have to get over that weird Droid X type of back. Does that protrude? I can't remember from the previous leaks.

I like the 5X design, but the specs are not what I'm looking for, not that they're bad.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I want to give Huawei a run. I just have to get over that weird Droid X type of back. Does that protrude? I can't remember from the previous leaks.

I like the 5X design, but the specs are not what I'm looking for, not that they're bad.

From the leaked renders, yes, there is a bit of a protrusion of that black part. To me, I'd rather have that than the camera bump in the middle that most phones have these days. At least it won't wobble like crazy when set down on a hard surface without a case.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess it didn't really bother me with the Droid X, so I would probably fine with it now.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm just disappointed with that look though.. Especially seeing so many nice phones by Huawei.. Hopefully it's better in person...

S6E+ tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've never been a fan of a white phone and I get the feeling from leaked pics that I've seen that it's not going to be as noticeable on a black version. Still, to each their own. I had no problem with the bump on my DX years ago and this will feel like a trip down memory lane, only better if I go for this device.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good point, only seeing the renders from this version, I forgot the black version which I'd get anyway may look a bit better.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
432847828b42a76247f3d82db6d44568.jpg

Not too bad in black.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Search for nexus 6P on amazon and check out all the cases offered already. It looks like the case mfg's are smoothing out the back of the phone by making the case thicker ... at least that's what I think the pics look like.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Search for nexus 6P on amazon and check out all the cases offered already. It looks like the case mfg's are smoothing out the back of the phone by making the case thicker ... at least that's what I think the pics look like.
I see a bit of both. I'm wondering how much of the smoothing is just not the best rendering. I'm also wondering how thick a case that completely hides the bump will make the device.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I see a bit of both. I'm wondering how much of the smoothing is just not the best rendering. I'm also wondering how thick a case that completely hides the bump will make the device.

Not sure, a couple looked like photographs, not renders, but without something to compare it to for scale, no way to know.

It's obviously wishful thinking on my part. I really want this phone to be awesome. Cuz from now on it "Go Nexus, or go without"

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd assume they're ALL renders, given that the phone hasn't even been announced yet.
I would agree except in this day and age you will get leaks from testers before the manufacturer get to announce it at their scheduled press event. I think those renders are accurate. I am hoping a wild shot in the dark that the Nexus 5X specs end up being better, but I am not going to hold my breath.