Will the Nexus 5X 2015 Work on Verizon?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big Red has had a poor history with Google Nexus devices. Do you think that trend will continue or will they carry the next generation Nexus 5X for 2015?

Last edited:

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They're fickle, I had to drop Nexus after the Galaxy Nexus, and they didn't carry the N4 until later in the game.
Question is will it be made to work with Verizon early on?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm hoping for a Moto X style situation with both of these new Nexus devices. Sell 'em straight to the people with support for all major carriers.

Now that all of the carriers are moving away from subsidized phones and contracts, oems would be smart to follow Moto's lead and make some of that interest money on their products instead of shipping them through carriers.

While they're at it, this is a good time to take system updates out of the carriers' hands as well.

I had the gnex as well. I remember how late we got updated.

It's time to stick it to the big red man! Who's with me!?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Big Red has had a poor history with Google Nexus devices. Do you think that trend will continue or will they carry the next generation Nexus 5 for 2015?
I'm thinking the nexus 5 &6 will be like the moto nexus 6 and work on all carriers. That remains to be seen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wasn't Nexus 6 the first one like that? I figured it was only because Motorola was the manufacturer, seeing as how they're known for their radios. Should be interesting.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wasn't Nexus 6 the first one like that? I figured it was only because Motorola was the manufacturer, seeing as how they're known for their radios. Should be interesting.
Correct, and your right that it could be a moto thing given the new moto pure is an updated looking nexus 6 (slightly smaller) that works on all carriers.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it's only a Motorola, that'll at least help narrow my choices I guess..

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk