LG lucid 4g lte fell on puddle worked fine but not charging than died and now..

flakiita

Reaction score
my Lg lucid fell on a puddle and fell appart obviously since it had no case (battery cover n phone)
i turned it on couple hours later and it worked fine and i tried to charge it it would turn off so i stopped trying but since i had barely any battery left i tried again but it would just turn off.
eventually it died and i connected it hours later and than the lights started flashing and than after a while the screen was black and gray letters that said downloading do not unplug cable appeared so i left it alone and later on i checked it nothing had happened except the letters had gone and it has stayied like that for over a week i try to charge it and it just flashes its lights thats all and i took it to verizon and wit a new battery nothing happens :/ i bought the phone 3months ago and the verizon guy didnt listen to me and didnt put insurance :mad: on it so when i tried filing a claim it obviously said no insurance
verizon tried to file a defective claim but they told me as soon as the company receives my phone they will probably charge me the new one bcuz my phone has some dents which voids the warranty

so i just wanted to know if theres any way i could fix the phone? or a place i could take it to get it fixed or if its dead dead (i should add i have tried charging with and without battery nothing happens) and i should just get a cheap one since i wont pay more than 100 for a phone :/

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Chances are, it's probably dead. You can always look on your bill to see whether you're paying for insurance or not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
See if they will let you pay retroactively for insurance for the past 3 months, they did this for me once when the sales rep ignored my request to put insurance on my line.

OP
F

flakiita

Reaction score
the problem is that the rep that helped me that day has moved to another place and its quite far for me and also it had denied my insurance at that time . . :/ but thanks

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Did you go in a verizon store or call them? If you went into a verizon store I would call verizon CS. They are more flexible then the stores.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If you end up having to buy another phone try Swappa or Craig's List. I would recommend meeting the other party in a cooperate VZ store and have the phone checked out before any money changes hands.