LG is Supposedly Planning to Launch a Second Flagship Smartphone This Year (2015)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G-Pro-2.jpg

Here's an odd new rumor for your hump day. According to the latest intel, LG intends to release another high-end, flagship device besides the G4 later on in 2015.

The rumor suggests the second "flagship" will likely be a phablet-sized device, following in the tradition set last year with the 5.9-inch G Pro 2. Here's a quote with a few more details,

LG will continue its dual-flagship strategy this year with the new G4 and another flagship phone scheduled for release in the second half of 2015, hoping that combined sales of the two devices in Taiwan will increase by 30 percent from last year, Shao said, adding that the hardware specifications for the second phone have not yet been finalized.

Shao made the remarks at the Taiwan launch of the 5.5-inch G4, which features a 16-megapixel camera module with an F1.8 aperture lens that allows 80 percent more light to hit the image sensor than its predecessor.

Of course, if you count the G Flex and the G Flex 2 as high-end devices, you could almost argue they are releasing three flagships per year, but that is basically just an argument of marketing semantics. What do you think of LG's strategy?

Also, don't forget to stop by our LG G4 section for more discussions on LG's newest flagship: LG G4 Forum Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: FocusTaiwan

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Samsung should be a huge lesson for these guys.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I agree, but I'm not sure I agree.

In what way are you saying they should be a lesson for them?

In the sense that they shouldn't flood the market with unannounced, often duplicated devices. I could see if they had a press conference at the beginning of the year to announce their intentions.

Take Samsung for instance. They release multiple models of the same phones throughout the year. Often unannounced. A lot of people find this aggravating as a device that is released later, that mimics a lot of the same features as the previous model, often fits more to what they originally wanted.

And then you have a slew of phones that are meant for a lower market that are overpriced for said market so they don't do as well in sales even though they might be a decent phone for their intended demographic.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
In the sense that they shouldn't flood the market with unannounced, often duplicated devices. I could see if they had a press conference at the beginning of the year to announce their intentions.

Take Samsung for instance. They release multiple models of the same phones throughout the year. Often unannounced. A lot of people find this aggravating as a device that is released later, that mimics a lot of the same features as the previous model, often fits more to what they originally wanted.

And then you have a slew of phones that are meant for a lower market that are overpriced for said market so they don't do as well in sales even though they might be a decent phone for their intended demographic.
Then I do, in fact, agree.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I've never liked LG software. But for some reason I really enjoyed the lg G3. I hated the g pro though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus - 64 GIG (Space Grey) using Tapatalk (lifeisablog.com)