LG G5 Leaked Image Suggests Battery That Replaces Like a Gun Magazine

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since we have a few (ahem) neurotic members, I have taken the liberty of editing the OP to "fix" the "clip vs. magazine" problem. As an editor who constantly sees people use the word "your" when they really meant to use the contraction "you're", I completely understand the frustration of the inaccuracy.

In the future, please keep in mind that it works both ways? lol! *Please note the tongue in cheek sarcasm of this post as it is meant to be humorous while poking fun at all of us.* ;)

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since we have a few (ahem) neurotic members, I have taken the liberty of editing the OP to "fix" the "clip vs. magazine" problem. As an editor who constantly sees people use the word "your" when they really meant to use the contraction "you're", I completely understand the frustration of the inaccuracy.

In the future, please keep in mind that it works both ways? lol! *Please note the tongue in cheek sarcasm of this post as it is meant to be humorous while poking fun at all of us.* ;)
Hi,

The "your" vs "you're" bugs me a little less because you don't know if the person speaks English natively. Non-English speakers will confuse your and you're along with their and there.

But it's all funny all the same.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JRParsons

Reaction score
Since this thread is already derailed I'll pile on.

If I understand correctly we will excuse someone who doesn't speak English as a first language when they misuse your, you're etc., but we need to call out someone who may have never touched a firearm, for using the wrong term. I knew what I'm the OP was referring to when he was describing the battery.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Getting back to the phone for just a moment....

The design is certainly intriguing but not likely IMO. I think the Magazine design is for quick and often changes. I wouldn't want to swap batteries often. I rather just plug it in...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm really digging this whole concept, but with manufacturer's being so overly concerned with having the thinnest device possible, I can't help but wonder just how much this would add to the overall size.
It'll be interesting to see if this concept comes to fruition.

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If I could get a brick that lasted 5 days without a charge, I'd use it.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL I know right! I'd like to see a manufacturer (Just once) take a chance and release a flagship spec device with a 5-7 thousand mAh battery. They'd be really surprised just how well it would sell.

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I bet it would sell. Heck make the 6p a few mm bigger and you could have a 4500 to 5k mah battery. I don't need a slim phone.

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL I know right! I'd like to see a manufacturer (Just once) take a chance and release a flagship spec device with a 5-7 thousand mAh battery. They'd be really surprised just how well it would sell.

S5 tap'n
Well that's kinda the thing about that style of battery mount. Think back to the old flip phone days when we'd buy extended batteries for our phones when the batteries mounted on the back. The oem would be paper thin and a few hundred mah and the extended ones were huge and about 3k mah. Technically I could see them making an extended battery that's huge so a thin phone with a brick hanging from it. Just like the large ones in the days of the flip phone, it'd probably not sell well and get laughed at but it is possible to have more than just a small battery.
Remember the LG Versa that was to have mountable accessories?
Choices. I like having choices. They might not sell well but at least LG still thinks outside of the clone box

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had and currently have a phone where the battery cannot be replaced. Only rarely do I wish for a removable battery.
Being able to remove the battery grts my vote even if I never will.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JRParsons

Reaction score
What would be nice is if there were a small non removal second battery that kept the phone from shutting down during a battery change.
Although I prefer a removable battery over a non removable, I had a spare for my S5 and typically just plugged it in. That may have been different if I could have changed batteries with 1 motion, in a second, without disrupting what I was doing.
Like most people on here I feel the removable battery and SD card support were the 2 biggest features that set Android apart from IOS. The more Android gets away from that (Samsung) the more the devices just become IPhone clones. As a good friend of mine said, "if I want a phone that's just like an iPhone, I'll buy an IPhone"

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I don't like that you have to pull the bottom off completely. If we're going to make changing the battery more convenient, can't we just have a spring lock that holds it in place like an old school video game cartridge? Doesn't matter if you're taking the back or the bottom or whatever else off because you still have to disassemble the phone if it has a case on it.