LG G Flex May be Name of First LG Curved Display Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G-Flex-sketch.jpg

Yesterday we reported a rumor that LG will be coming out with a curved display smartphone based upon their flexible display technology. The intel at the time suggested the phone might be called the LG Z. Today some new intel surfaced which partially contradicts the rumor from yesterday. First, it actually confirms that LG will be launching a curved plastic display smartphone; however, it differs in that the device will supposedly be called the LG G Flex instead of LG Z.

Perhaps the LG Z name was simply erroneously reported or is an internal name. Regardless, a design sketch has been included of the device, and as it turns out, the picture we saw yesterday might be more accurate than originally thought. According to the sketch, not only will the display be concave, but the phone itself will also have a slight curve to it. This new report also confirms that the device will have a 6-inch display as was reported yesterday.

Here's a quote with a few more details,

As CNET senior editor Jessica Dolcourt explains, a flexible display doesn't mean the phone will be able to bend or flex. Rather, the display will be set at a curved -- but stationary -- position. The curve is dramatic enough to comfortably fit around your face but not so angular that it looks weird.

Source: CNET

Rhino94

Reaction score
I think its interesting how LG is trying to really come back and be a huge part of this market again I give them props

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree. The more serious players we have for phones, the better they all get. I just don't know why I would want a curved phone. Flat ones fit in my pocket just fine and I see curved ones being a problematic fit in a pocket. It's in my pocket way more than it's up to my face.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree with him ^. :)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of agreement here in this thread. Let me be the voice of dissent... I think blue is a better color than brown. Oh wait... that isn't the topic is it? :blink:

jk... I agree with the agreement. :D