November Will Be a Big Month for LG: G Flex, Nexus 5 and FireFox OS Smartphone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G-Flex-1.jpg
LG-G-Flex-2.jpg

It is starting to look like November will be the month indirectly dedicated to LG. Based upon all the intel we have so far, no less than three smartphones from LG might be released in November. First up we have the LG-made Google Nexus 5. That's probably the biggest of the three launches. The device will likely be announced October 28th, but we fully expect it to start hitting retail store shelves sometime in November.

The other smartphone which will see the light of day in November is the LG G Flex. This is LG's new curved display phone which uses their own flexible display technology. It is designed to compete head to head with the Samsung Galaxy Round. One interesting thing to note about the G Flex is that it might actually have global availability (even in the U.S.). This is in contrast to the Galaxy Round which was only launched by Samsung in their home country of South Korea.

The third phone which might just appear for LG next month in emerging markets is the rumored Firefox OS smartphone. Current intel suggests an LG-made Firefox OS smartphone could arrive in November. Now obviously this isn't an Android phone, but we still thought it was fair to report it regardless. It certainly seems as though LG is pushing hard to gain marketshare. What do you guys think?

Source: UnWiredView

Reaction score
LG is stepping up their game!! They used to be such a powerhouse of a company too with their exclusive Verizon phones. Who didn't have an EnV back in the day. They look like they've been struggling to stay relevant once the Iphone craze hit.

I hope they become popular again as I'm really enjoying the G2 as much as their phones way back when.

Give us slick hardware, keep the gui customizable, stay innovative, and try to roll out updates quicker than the rest given your poor record and you'll end up climbing higher than Samsung.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read that FirefoxOS is built on top of Android. Like Android runs all the pieces of the phone, kind of like a super advanced and way more in depth launcher.

Asgard

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read that FirefoxOS is built on top of Android. Like Android runs all the pieces of the phone, kind of like a super advanced and way more in depth launcher.

No, FF OS runs on HTML5 apps, I tried an early dev version on my computer and it was based on HTML5 apps.
They plan to have some compatibility with android but I don't think that will work too well