LG Enact VS890 versus LGVS890MNT

MrCatPC

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

There is still a QWERTY slider Android phone in the Verizon lineup, which the local stores do not seem to want to sell, of course, but it was the closest match for Mom's Motorola Droid 4 that began its own death rattles last week, so it was the device she "upgraded" to on-the-spot at her local corporate VZW store: LG Enact (VS890).

As of right now the phone itself displays "out-of-stock" on the VZW shopping site. What I'm looking for specifically for her is actually the accessory car dock that apparently cannot be found anywhere for sale. I've been hunting for days: locally VZW corporate, franchised stores, & 3rd party retailers, VZW national sales support (chat), eBay, Amazon, Google... Nobody has this thing. How do I know it exists (or once upon a time did exist)?

http://goo.gl/Z9Jp47

It is officially sku "LGVS890MNT" with no other known associated UPC or other identifying product numbers, according to the national VZW chat rep that did her best to help me locate it. This item is still listed (as of this very moment) on the VZW Business web portal, but not on the retail side.

Here's what it looks like:
lg-enact-vehicle-mount-lgvs890mnt-a

And if the online image URL fails, here's a saved copy of it I uploaded just in case:
lg-enact-vehicle-mount-lgvs890mnt-a.png

So, if there is anybody here who is especially good at hunting down rare accessories, I would be extremely grateful for help tracking this little gizmo down. Now, before I get a ton of recommendations for universal car mounts, please understand my intent with this request:

Mom & I have been diehard users of the last Motorola keyboard slider Android phone from the original Droid lineup: the Motorola Droid 4 (XT894), and therefore we have each outfitted our cars with the original Moto Droid 4 Nav Dock attached to ProClip mounting hardware on the dash (no thank you to suction cups, etc.), and that phone model's ported audio through the micro-USB connector via a single charging/auxiliary-audio cable was a REALLY HANDY FEATURE. Our next logical step is wiring in a bluetooth audio receiver that would interface with the phone's hands-free profile, but since we were always charging and using the Google Maps Nav feature in-car, making a single cable connection, which was built into the dock already, became a natural habit: unlock the car & dock the phone, then later undock the phone & lock the car. Simple.

Sidenote: I moved on from my own Droid 4 to a Samsung Galaxy S4 in December, and I immediately swapped my Moto Nav Dock for a new iBolt xProDock that included the special Samsung-compatible (proprietary 11-pin non-standard) micro-USB audio out capability on the charging cable, and I in fact like it even better than Moto's OEM solution for the former phone. But in my situation, I forfeited the QWERTY slider keyboard for the S4's other capabilities and wide accessory options, which means I could attach a bluetooth slider keyboard case. I love my S4, by the way, now that "I've gotten used to it," although I used to cringe at anyone saying that would be how I would have to deal with not finding a better slider Android phone since Motorola USA under Google completely abandoned the format. We'll see what happens now that Lenovo is in charge of that development, right?

But now I am on a mission to get Mom's phone securely docked. Having the "charging arm" micro-USB connector built into the dock, with proper alignment for the LG Enact charging port, is my primary reason for seeking the original LG/VZW/OEM vehicle mount as-pictured, assuming that the charging feature is even built into this accessory at all, of course. Secondary goal is to have the audio output routed through combo charging and aux audio cable, but I don't see whether that capability is built into the phone, so maybe someone can point me in the right direction before I waste too much time on that notion, too.

That said, with as much as I digress, if you are an owner of the LG Enact and can verify that the car cradle exists, share the barcode/UPC or other identifying labels/#s so that I can locate it for purchase, or just tell me whether charging/audio is possible with the correct cable/adapter, again I would be most humbly in your debt.

Thanks for reading all this, if you did make it this far. I may have been talking to myself otherwise. Validation!

Sincerely appreciative,
Christoph

PS. Mods: move this to general LG, or whatever forum it should be in if I landed incorrectly. Thank you!

OP
MrCatPC

MrCatPC

Reaction score
My thought is that NOBODY on Droid Forums would actually be an LG Enact owner or developer, and therefore, I won't see any response to this post because of that, or because I posted to the wrong place... I have gotten great help here in the past with Droid 2 & Droid 4 support, and I hope someone has some ideas to share this time, if you please.

Is it possible to move my thread to general accessories shopping discussion thread, where someone with a favorite universal dock option might be more likely to respond? I know this isn't an exciting topic, dealing with a new phone that is not up to the latest specs or popular by any means, but on the subject of needing a solid car dock for it, if not the original LG mount, I am still seriously looking for help.

Talking to myself... also likely.

Helpful feedback is greatly appreciated!