Car/Home charging and audio output dock ?

Pyzon

Reaction score
This is the first Samsung phone for me after multiple Moto models, most recently a RAZR. When it comes to Samsung or aftermarket accessories, it seems they are slow to catch up. I used to enjoy the Moto car dock with audio output and charging connections both via the mini USB connection. Is the only audio output available on the S5 the headphone jack ? Love the S5, but the audio/charging convenience is sorely missed. Are any charge/audio output splitter cables available ?

rick2511

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Black Samsung Galaxy S5 G900V
OP
P

Pyzon

Reaction score
Thanks for that, but I prefer a direct Aux in connection into my truck head unit. The motorola dock I liked for years connected only at the mini-USB jack, and the split between the charge circuit and the audio out was automatic.

Does anybody know if the pin out of the USB mini-B outlet includes audio out as well ?

Steve_h

Reaction score
Recently upgraded from a Bionic to S5. Looking for this answer as well. Any word?

Thinkfreshdell

Reaction score
So are you looking for a charger/aux cord as one? Or a Dock/Aux cord as one? Maybe i'm just misunderstanding what you are looking for.

Steve_h

Reaction score
I am looking for a USB solution to charge and play audio at the same time

Sent from somewhere I probably shouldn't be...

Steve_h

Reaction score
Would an OTG cable work for audio via USB for S5?

Sent from somewhere I probably shouldn't be...

OP
P

Pyzon

Reaction score
When looking on Amazon, there are multiple cords that claim to do exactly what I need, some really cheap, shipping from China,,some up to $15 in the US that list the S5 as a model that they apply to. Then, when you read the feedback you find that customers cannot get the S5 audio.to connect.

Is the only audio output on the S5 via the headphone jack ? I know how difficult a dock connection would be considering the USB cover on the S5, but is there even audio present on the USB 3.0 output ?