LG Announced Watch Urbane (2nd Edition) with 4G LTE on Android Wear

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-watch-urbane-2nd-edition.jpg

LG just announced their hot new flagship device, the LG V10, but that wasn't all they shared. They also announced a new, second generation LG Watch Urbane 4G LTE. What makes this one stand out is that this new generation version uses Android Wear.

Yes... we finally have an Android based smartwatch that can be used as a smartphone. It's almost like a Dick Tracy watch! On top of the LTE mixed with Android Wear, the new LG Watch Urbane (2nd Edition) also hosts the most cutting edge hardware of any smartwatch on the planet. Check out these stellar specs:
  • 1.2GHz Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 400
  • 768MB LPDDR3 RAM
  • Android WearTM (Cell-connected Version)
  • 1.38-inch P-OLED Display (480 x 480 / 348ppi)
  • Size = 44.5 x 14.2mm
  • 4GB eMMC Storage
  • 570mAh
  • Bluetooth 4.1 / Wi-Fi / LTE / 3G
  • Accelerometer / Gyro / Heart Rate Monitor / Compass / Barometer / PPG / GPS
  • Color options - Space Black / Opal Blue / Luxe White / Signature Brown
  • Dust and Water Resistance (IP67)
Beyond the powerful processor, beautiful display, and water-resistant design, we also have great storage and a massive battery (for a smartwatch). Could this finally be a smartwatch worth getting excited about?

Pricing and availability are sketchy at this point, but we will update you later.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a teaser video for the LG Watch Urbane 3G LTE (2nd Edition):

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Think I'll hang on to my OG Urbane at this point. Still not convinced that my watch should have a data plan. I like the new look, but I understand it's gotten thicker. I feel like this OG is just about right for my personal taste.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
spec-wise, it's almost across the board a notch-up from every other smartwatch out there (except maybe the Gear 2, only because I think the rotating bezel is a heck of a feature).

The ONLY nitpicks I can make on this is pushing it as a sport accessory but it's only water resistant and not water proof. It's also pretty honking big.

Other than that, those band pairings with the silver casing are hideous.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Think I'll hang on to my OG Urbane at this point. Still not convinced that my watch should have a data plan. I like the new look, but I understand it's gotten thicker. I feel like this OG is just about right for my personal taste.

I agree with this. I wonder if they'll have a non-lte version, and whether GPS is going to be in anyway reliant on a data plan? There's only been one androidwear watch released with GPS, plus now this and the coming Moto Sport make three.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Valvoline

Reaction score
That's the OG Urbane LTE. The one that didn't run Android Wear. This new one runs AW with LTE capabilities.

doh.

where's the speaker on the LTE?

EDIT: i should stop talking. It's on the side opposite of the buttons.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The only videos I can find of the new LTE, they can't even turn them on...

EDIT: Does have a speaker though. They can't turn it on because it's running an unannounced/unreleased version of AW.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only videos I can find of the new LTE, they can't even turn them on...

EDIT: Does have a speaker though. They can't turn it on because it's running an unannounced/unreleased version of AW.
I don't see that as a bad thing personally. That means there's another update to be released soon enough.
I wonder what type of SIM card though. The Gear S 2 one isn't removable. Not cool imo.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4