LG Ally Texting question

leftygirl

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else. My Ally has been giving me the message that a text is unable to be received because the memory is fun. I delete the threads of all the messages and I still get that message. I have plenty of memory internal and on the SD card. Is there some other place I need to be erasing these texts from? Or any other thoughts.
Thanks

bwhud21

Reaction score
Text messaging full assistance

I was on the phone with Verizon for about 45 minutes and to figure the problem out they actually called LG. First, concerning low storage which affects text memory full, the applications downloaded go to the main memory, not SD card. The SD is your programs and files. If you would like to try resetting your phone make sure you download all programs and files onto your computer then 'unmount' the card under the SD card and storage option. Once you format the system to the card it will erase 'everything' on the card. If you decide to reset the entire system then your applications should turn up on Market as previously installed, so you'll know what you deleted.
Now, what I found out, stopping me from resetting my entire frame was the text messaging requires the phone to have a certain amount of memory available (i think it is 15 mb). Once you delete your unwanted applications and reach above 15 - 20 mb available, try to send yourself a text. If you receive it then you've reached the storage available the phone requires.
Let me know how it goes.