LG Ally Purchase Poll

Mule65

Reaction score
All I can say is do a compare on Verizon's site between the Ally, Moto Droid, and the HTC Inc. You lose with the Ally.

Yep, I see the LG loses Skype Mobile, Voice Dialing, V CAST Media Manager, some camera mega-pixels and $100 off the price.:icon_ cry:

freddroidhead

Reaction score
I ordered it because I sold my Droid back in February on craigslist while it was still sort at a good resale price. I don't like the cheap feeling slider or cheapy keyboard on the Droid. I think the Droid graphics are nicer probably but in overall basic phone use I think the ally is going to be a more solid performer but it is a newer phone and is made by LG not Motorola who has terrible quality issues. The ally is an ordinary looking phone though. I' ordered it already and will give it the trial month and if it seems good I'll keep it. I don't know how good it works with playing games and how good the sound is but hopefully it's not bad. It definitely is not a power hog like the Incredible.

Vcast media manager can be downloaded and installed from Verizon part of android market. Maybe the voice dialer can be also. I never used that on the Droid anyway. I bet the dialer itself on the ally works better to. :)

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
We cover all Verizon Android phones :)

Another dandroid "don't understand what's going on" moment...

I think the op was trying to say the numbers in this poll will be biased because we all own droids that are superior to this one.... not that the poll shouldn't be posted

Dan cracks me up on a daily basis
Seems like he reads to fast and fires off answers too fast...
And doesn't use spellcheck...

Good times

Mule65

Reaction score
Another dandroid "don't understand what's going on" moment...

I think the op was trying to say the numbers in this poll will be biased because we all own droids that are superior to this one.... not that the poll shouldn't be posted

Exactly -- if you're happy with your Droid then obviously LG's version is "Not the phone for me". If LG implemented a strong signaled reliable phone with good battery life then some might find it superior.

D

Dragon3463

Nope have the droid. Though my wife is getting it tomorrow I reckon since she preordered it from verizon. Though I would like to have a physical keyboard then at of the droid phone..

Postnsons

Reaction score
I don't use my physical keyboard much on my droid, but when I need it...I need it.

Reaction score
Love my Motorola Droid but I have had quality LG products in the past but still don't think that it is for me.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The LG Ally looks like a nice solid phone with great features but I'm going to stick with my Moto Droid.

tuttinudi

Reaction score
This is my first post, hello :).
I recently sold my moto droid and got the LG Ally and I am very happy with my decision. The droid was great for everything except phone calls and I couldn't take it anymore. I decided to try the Ally since it was getting great reviews on the Verizon website and it was a good price. I am so happy that I did! It has so far been a great phone, and the keyboard is much better. Best of all, I can hear people and they can hear me! I have had several LG phones and have always been happy with them. I didn't want to give up the android OS either, it had to be an android phone.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
From my experience with other LG phones they are all cheap, plasticy "kid's toys" that are way too easy to break, plus the audio circuits aren't that great. My sister got rid of her LG Env3 and replaced it with a Moto Droid. The LG Ally is featured in Iron Man 2, would be cool to get a phone that's as durable as the Iron Man suit! :)

pbdroid

Reaction score
Bought my GF the Ally last week. It's her first smartphone. I set it up for her with some goodies. She loves it. It packs the same processor as the Droid. I'm O/C'd so mines much snappier. Good, solid build on the Ally. She got it for free as she had a $100 upgrade credit on her account.

I like being able to show her the power of Droid, even if she only plays with what I set her up with. :) When will this thing be rooted??!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Naw, it doesnt have the same processor as the Droid. The Droid has a OMAP 3430, 550Mhz. The Ally has a lesser one:

Hands On With the LG Ally | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

It is powered by a Qualcomm MSM7627 600 MHz processor. This means you might not be seeing Flash on the Ally. Adobe said back in February that Flash will only run on phones with ARM Cortex-A8 processors and 50MB or more of available RAM, like the Nexus One, the HTC Incredible, and Motorola Droid, but the Qualcomm MSM7627 is a less powerful ARM11 processor.

Postnsons

Reaction score
I agree that phone calls are not the moto droid's strong suite. However, everything else the droid does makes up for its shortcomings in that department. Kind of depends on how many calls you deal with per day. I only deal with less than 20 calls per day. I used to deal with more calls. At that time it would have been an issue.

I'm probably most dissatisfied with the voicemail of Verizon. I'm using a non verizon app for voicemail, at this time. It gets me by, but a market leader like Verizon shouldn't have a weak spot with voicemail. I realize this is off-topic, but it is associated with phone calls of the droid.