LG Ally Purchase Poll

Jameshpatterson

Reaction score
Bought my wife one... not a bad phone. Funny thing is as I was helping her set it up I tried a browser test between my oc'd Droid running 2.2. Both on wifi.... hers was noticeably faster at loading webpages. Haven't got a chance play more. Of course I didn't tell her that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rated_R

Reaction score
I agree that phone calls are not the moto droid's strong suite. However, everything else the droid does makes up for its shortcomings in that department. Kind of depends on how many calls you deal with per day. I only deal with less than 20 calls per day. I used to deal with more calls. At that time it would have been an issue.

I'm probably most dissatisfied with the voicemail of Verizon. I'm using a non verizon app for voicemail, at this time. It gets me by, but a market leader like Verizon shouldn't have a weak spot with voicemail. I realize this is off-topic, but it is associated with phone calls of the droid.

If you are unhappy with the verizon voicemail you should sign up for google voice. It is out of closed beta now and, despite the more often than not humorous transription, you can use it just like visual voicemail. You set it through the ui of your phone to be your default voicemail. When someone calls you and leaves a message. The google voice app will notify you. Open the app on your phone and you can read the transcription or listen to the message.

ON TOPIC

It the ally ever gets rooted I will consider getting one. But not till then.

sphen22

Reaction score
Just bought the wife one and came to the conclusion that it is a perfect spouse phone to the moto droid. I got the Droid and she has the Ally. I played around with it a bit and it is a great phone for the price and a good first step to Android for someone coming from a non smart. And I am jealous of the keyboard tho, much easier then the droids phys.

pistacio

Reaction score
Did the same for my GF. I have a D1, and wanted to get her started in the smartphone world. Good entry level phone, couldn't beat the price...BJ's actually paid me $50 (rebate) to add it to my plan.