Lenovo Will Be Phasing Out "Motorola" Branding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Pretty soon Lenovo will stop using Motorola branding on mobile phones and other devices. They have opted to keep the "Moto" moniker in organizational settings only. Device series like Moto G and Moto X will more than likely include "Lenovo" in front of the current naming scheme (think Lenovo Moto G, Lenovo Moto 360 ect.). Motorola has made such a name for themselves over the past few decades it is hard to imagine the name being simply phased out.

Motorola has been dominant in the Mobile space since I can remember. My fist dream phone was the Motorola Krazr about 8 years ago. After that phone I had sworn that I would never own a device that wasn't made by Motorola. Since then I have probably owned about 20 different Motorola phones, all of which have been amazing devices. Memories of the Droid Bionic and Droid X bring me back to some pretty fun and exciting times. The Motorola name will be missed, but at least Lenovo wont be killing off the Moto nickname so we can expect more Motorola phones "Powered by Lenovo" in the future.

via Cnet

Lenovo to phase out the Motorola name | Page 2 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.