Lenovo Launches New Feature-Packed Moto Camera App

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-camera-app.jpg

It looks like Lenovo is committed to making their Motorola product line work. They have obviously been spending some resources on it beyond the typical. There's a good example to be found on the Google Play Store. Lenovo just launched a new Motor Camera app for their Motorola devices and it's packed full of features.

Here's a quick quote with details on the app:
Never miss a moment with Quick Capture: Launch the camera with a simple twist of your wrist, then twist again to switch cameras.

Get the perfect moment with Best Shot: it captures multiple shots before and after you tap, recognizing issues like blurred subjects or blinking eyes. It then recommends the best picture to keep. Look for the Best Shot icon in your Google Photos gallery.

Moto’s smart cameras automatically adjust for light and motion for crystal clear results.

It’s really, really fast with zero shutter lag so you’ll never miss a moment.

Automatic QR, barcode and business card* scanning puts information at your fingertips: simply position camera over the QR, barcode or business card and select search, save, and copy.

Rich features give you even more control:
  • Photo, video, slow motion video and panorama.
  • Tap to change focus and exposure.
  • Professional mode: puts you in complete control of focus, white balance, shutter speed, ISO, and Exposure.
  • Common controls like flash, HDR and timer are at your fingertips.
  • Comprehensive settings give you control of photo and video sizes, change to tap anywhere to capture, and much more.
*Not all features are available in some devices.

Here's a link to check it out: Google Play Store - Moto Camera

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not compatible with the Droid Turbo 2 unfortunately. :(

4001a684304a781011df7cf6fd6dc421.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Seriously? What is that about? Moto abandoning us? The latest flagship? Wow... that's kind of sad...

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Booo. Was just going to Install on my Turbo. Oh Well, Time to get a new Phone. Waiting to see whats coming end of Q3 or Q4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A couple of things to keep in mind: 1.) On a lot of our phones (Turbo, Turbo 2, etc.) our camera app is named Motorola Camera, not Moto Camera; so this is technically a different app. 2.) Moto likes to do user testing on their Moto apps before they go public for everyone. Since this is designed for the 2016 phones, my guess is that folks will get an opportunity to test it out on current phones at some point; and then it will be released for our phones when it's ready.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Seriously? What is that about? Moto abandoning us? The latest flagship? Wow... that's kind of sad...
According to a post I saw elsewhere, this is only compatible with their (so far, unreleased) 2016 models.

Very strange that a new app would be released on the Play Store, manufacturer specific, and yet it doesn't work with their latest flagship phone, although this is the Droid line so it's really Verizon's flagship rather than Motorola's. There are 204 reviews, and the majority are 5 and 4 stars, so it's obviously working in some phones. I'd like to know what phones it is supposed to work with and what ones it definitely will not work with.

Jonny, do you know where that post you read was? If it was supposed to only work with unreleased phones, then it's very strange that it's already been released, and that it is working with other phones already.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
A couple of things to keep in mind: 1.) On a lot of our phones (Turbo, Turbo 2, etc.) our camera app is named Motorola Camera, not Moto Camera; so this is technically a different app. 2.) Moto likes to do user testing on their Moto apps before they go public for everyone. Since this is designed for the 2016 phones, my guess is that folks will get an opportunity to test it out on current phones at some point; and then it will be released for our phones when it's ready.

I am aware that our camera app is Motorola branded, and that Motorola's "Moto" line of phones are in many ways a different than the Droid line of phones. This explanation makes sense and so it's understandable that there is already a significant list of reviews (seen below). These people must be owners of the "Moto" line phones, such as the Moto X.

Moto Camera.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Jonny, do you know where that post you read was? If it was supposed to only work with unreleased phones, then it's very strange that it's already been released, and that it is working with other phones already.

And I quote...
Now, Moto has posted a revamped camera app in the Play Store, but you probably can't use it yet. It's only for use with the company's 2016 devices like the Moto G4 and upcoming Moto X refresh.

Source: Motorola Releases New Camera App In The Play Store, But Only For Its 2016 Devices

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am aware that our camera app is Motorola branded, and that Motorola's "Moto" line of phones are in many ways a different than the Droid line of phones. This explanation makes sense and so it's understandable that there is already a significant list of reviews (seen below). These people must be owners of the "Moto" line phones, such as the Moto X.

View attachment 76432
I bet we will get it within a few months FoxKat, once they tweak it to work with other phones.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Explanation appreciated but this just lends more confusion since it DOES work with some phones and again it was released BEFORE those phones.

Just strange IMHO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Agreed. That's what I thought when I saw that article.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk