Lenovo Encouraging You To "Skip the Sevens" In New Ad

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CsZUOL_UsAACtZm.jpg

Lenovo just finished trolling Samsung in a Moto Mod's ad last week. The ad claimed "At Moto our priority is safety first. Unlike some manufacturers, we adhere to the highest standards in quality and testing of our batteries." The fist time I saw that ad I was certain it had to be fake, but was pretty quickly confirmed as being real.

Today Lenovo rolled out another ad attacking this years linup of "seven" devices. They actually make a good point. For years cell phones have only gotten incrementally better. Moto has actually done something totally new with Moto Mods. The fact that you can add an actual camera to your phone, or a full blown speaker and even a projector is pretty awesome. The Moto Z Force is actually innovative. I would have to agree that it is more so innovative and new than any seven device. Do you think it is good practice to take direct shots at your competition like this or do you think eventually it will backfire?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't think this is as offensive as some ads I've seen. They also made a couple good points. I have to wonder how these battery failures made it past QC.

At the same time I don't think there will be any measurable pushback from the public other than negative comments.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I love ads like this. And that one is very well done, even giving Apple some props there "knocked off our perch".

Amagine

Reaction score
If only they were really different and gave the user complete superuser access.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Only minor portion of users cares or knows what su is. 99.9% has no need for it but would become a major exploit flaw in hackers cross hairs.

Kowolski

Reaction score
I would never consider a Moto phone...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

Motorola yes. Lenovo, no! Horrible PCs, laptops, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

k1601

Reaction score

I love my Lenovo x1 carbon... And my Motorola Droid turbo... I always knew I had bad taste ;) but in all seriousness the Lenovo laptop I got issued for work was junk.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Not disagreeing, but why?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Look, Lenovo IS Motorola in the case of the Motorola phones cellular phone division so even if you don't like Lenovo for computers doesn't mean that the same traits transfer to the cellular products.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Look, Lenovo IS Motorola in the case of the Motorola phones cellular phone division so even if you don't like Lenovo for computers doesn't mean that the same traits transfer to the cellular products.

They are Lenovo now only through by out. They were Not when I owned Motorola phones. And before Lenovo IBM was the computer maker. I'm not sure what your point is though.

The phone division is not Lenovo. Lenovo is clueless on phones.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
They are Lenovo now only through by out. They were Not when I owned Motorola phones. And before Lenovo IBM was the computer maker. I'm not sure what your point is though.

The phone division is not Lenovo. Lenovo is clueless on phones.

No disagreement with you, I was simply saying for clarification and for others' benefit that Lenovo is not Motorola, just to make sure your post was clearly understood by all. You commented that you'd buy Motorola phones, but not Lenovo and that their PCs are horrible. I just didn't want people to misunderstand perhaps that Lenovo was making the phones. Just because Lenovo owns Motorola doesn't mean they are suffering the same level of quality as Lenovo's PCs.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk