LED not working

saracharlie

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Droid. I have looked in the forums for my problem and can't find it anywhere. My issue is : I have handcent sms for my texting since i got my phone and a few days ago i noticed my LED wasnt working. I did a few tests and it doenst work for any of my notifications. I turned my phone on and off, i have uninstalled handcent SMS and still no LED. I have uninstalled any app that i have downloaded recently and still nothing. can any one help me?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Download led color tester by coolbeans in the marketplace to see if the led is still fuctional.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

saracharlie

Reaction score
i downloaded the LED color tester... and nothing :( is it possible for the LED to burn out?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stranger things have happened. Although led's should last a lot longer than the phone they still are subject to failure.

tappin and a talkin

k.tolomay

Reaction score
I had this problem too. I ignored it for a while, but when I finally went tinkering in handcents settings I remembered that I had at one point checked the box that says "automatically retrieve messages". So I went back and un checked that box... wouldn't u know it works again!
Im not sure what that setting is for since I believe my messages r pushed to my phone anyways.
I never tried the tester or anything but I thought maybe u should at least look into it. Who knows maybe we've got the same issue???
(Oh btw, I have a droid x)
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Micah

Reaction score
mine doesn't work either, I am rooted but still my LEDjust quit one day as well.