Launchers: TouchWiz vs Others

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is everyones thoughts on touchwiz or do you guys use a different launcher? I wasn't very happy with TouchWiz as a launcher, so now i'm trying out Apex which seems to do most things great except screen rotation. I just wanted to see what everyone else is using. I got really tired of my home button going to "My Magazine" as I do not use it nor do I plan on using it.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Nova Launcher is a good solid Launcher with a lot of customization capabilities and themes/icon sets. I'm currently giving THEMER a try and really like the visuals and power to customize -- if you are willing to roll your sleeves up. Gave Aviate and EverythingMe a try and ... Eh. Not really for me.

Have some fun and try a few out. It's always easy to go back Touchwiz if you don't like them.

Last edited:

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I have been using nova prime for a while now and like it quite a bit.. Recently I tried atom launcher and I must admit that I'm liking it and have made it my go to launcher...

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I have been using nova prime for a while now and like it quite a bit.. Recently I tried atom launcher and I must admit that I'm liking it and have made it my go to launcher...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im using google experience launcher, with that said touchwiz is not that bad in fact it is pretty functional. Still I prefer the Google now launcher.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
...I got really tired of my home button going to "My Magazine" as I do not use it nor do I plan on using it.

I've recently discovered that you can disable this "feature" in the My Magazine settings menu. Much better!

Last edited:
OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've recently discovered that you can disable this "feature" in the My Magazine settings menu. Much better!

That is good to know, if I ever go back to it I will look at it.

The other thing I didn't care for was no customization for allowing more rows / columns. Seeing as the screen would allow for such a better arrangement.

Have some fun and try a few out. It's always easy to go back Touchwiz if you don't them.

Oh by no means do I feel like I shouldn't try others out, but I just installed apex maybe 3 days ago, so i'm still testing it. I like to give stuff about a week for me to get accustomed with.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I use TSF Shell and I LOVE IT!! Have used it exclusively for years as I don't feel any need to change and they are constantly adding something new.

Whenever people are on the fence about Android, I show them what my phone is capable of. You can literally customize anything with TSF, with the added benefits of multiple 3D transitions, even including a slide out bar on the side as well as an adjustable dock wherever you want it.

The only reason it's 4/5 in the market is because it was buggy and lacking a lot of stuff when released about 2 years ago. They released it in beta, which I will never understand. I guess because demand was so high after their CES unveil video. Ever since then every update has made it better and better. It's pricey, I won't lie, but I do not regret a single cent, whereas I have several $2.99 apps I do...

As for free launchers, I used GoLauncher for years before TSF and loved it as well, but that was also before Nova, which I'm hearing is the best on the market right now. Now there was a 1 week period after a TSF update that had some bugs, so I decided to try something else and installed Smart Launcher 2, which is basically the opposite of TSF in that it's straightforward and simple, no bells and whistles, just gets the job done. And I have to say I really liked it. After doing so much with TSF over these years it was a whole new world using Smart Launcher. But it is INCREDIBLY efficient. So should I be unable to use TSF for whatever reason, that's where I'm going.

I'd say try them all. After all you are stuck with this phone for 2 years, so theres plenty of time! Personally I really enjoy setting up my phone from scratch, it'll also give you an idea of how efficient that launcher is with adding/arranging things.

Last edited:

vja4Him

Reaction score
I started using Nova Launcher the first day I got my Note 3 in December. Upgraded to Nova Launcher Prime yesterday, and so far I really like Nova Launcher Prime .....