Galaxy Note 4 with Android 5.1.1 TouchWiz Stops

bs1946

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 5.1.1. with Samsung TouchWiz Home 1.0. All of a sudden, I get a message on the screen that says TouchWiz has stopped and I lose the ability to use the touchscreen. I have to fiddle with the buttons on the bottom or sometimes restart the phone.

I went to the AT&T store today for some help and was asked if I had tried to remove the battery, put it back, and restart the phone. I told the rep that I have two batteries and I swap them out every other day. His only other answer was that problems like this crop up in Android phones when they get older and there wasn't anything he could do. My phone is only 10 months old. I tried clearing the cache in TouchWiz and that hasn't helped.

Would appreciate help from anybody who has an idea of how to fix this problem.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If the device is still under warranty, why not have AT&T replace it?

OP
B

bs1946

Reaction score
Well as magically as this TouchWiz problem began, it has stopped. Since I haven't changed any settings myself since I went to the AT&T store, I'm guessing that one of what seems like daily updates to one app or another fixed it and it was probably some app update that broke it in the first place. I still have over two months of warranty coverage left, so if it comes back, I'll be at AT&T in a heartbeat.

Any it was good to know that AT&T is still in head to head competition with Comcast to provide the worst customer service and support in the U.S. and perhaps the world.