Launcher pro?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Home Switcher sorta works on Froyo. You can't change a default, but you can switch from Home to Home.

Launcher Pro is amazing. Not only do you have the 15 slots from apps (or folders), but you can set each one of those to access yet another app with a simple swipe. For example, you can put the Market icon there and set the swipe to bring up the Barcode Reader.

OP
M

Mwsr

Ok got the launcher now I have a issue.. I have a live aquarium wallpaper since I started using this launcher every so often my phone will black out and the live wallpaper will switch to a diff live wallpaper.. any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok got the launcher now I have a issue.. I have a live aquarium wallpaper since I started using this launcher every so often my phone will black out and the live wallpaper will switch to a diff live wallpaper.. any ideas?

I've never experienced this but I just switched to a live wallpaper to see if I can replicate it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

Mwsr

Its switching back to a stock live that came with phone from live app I dlded

foxdog

Reaction score

Are you using a task killer? It sounds like that (or the system) is killing the live wallpaper because something is taking up memory.

OP
M

Mwsr

Are you using a task killer? It sounds like that (or the system) is killing the live wallpaper because something is taking up memory.

Nope no task killer and I also uninstalled the antivirus app I did have.. it stayed on the wallpaper I set for about 5hrs this last time then switched itself back to the live one that was set on the phone when I unboxed..

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It might be that the aquarium wallpaper won't play nice with Launcher Pro. Does it stay with the stock home?

xkwwwx

Reaction score
Launcher pro plus Facebook scrolling widget not updating

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

foxdog

Reaction score
Launcher pro plus Facebook scrolling widget not updating

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

You need to update and redo the login process in the lpp Facebook section

OP
M

Mwsr

It might be that the aquarium wallpaper won't play nice with Launcher Pro. Does it stay with the stock home?

Ill have to try I keep switching it back. It seems to have fixed itself the aquarium has been on for about a day now with no issues

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Does launcher pro have a great font package? What does everyone recommend?

MrLich

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm being a n00b here, but I have the original MotoDroid, Froyo, and I've installed both Launcher Pro and Home Switcher (as I couldn't get LP to open without it).

I can switch to LP, but as soon as I hit my home key, it reverts back to the original Launcher. I've set LP as the default in Home Switcher, and I looked through every setting I could find, but I can't seem to get LP to 'stick'.

Has anyone else run into this?

SCDroid

Reaction score
You need to hit the home key...when it comes up with the choices of Launcher Pro and Home...MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE CHECK MARK AT THE BOTTOM that makes it save it as default and then click on Launcher Pro...it will be saved then.

Also ditch home switcher...you can reset defaults and such in the android system settings, no need to waste space with home switcher.

MrLich

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I tried to do that, but every time I hit the home key, my Droid would just drop back to the original Launcher.

However, I did eventually figure out a fix, which I'll post here for others who might encounter the same:

1. Download / Install Launcher Pro
2. Download / Install Home Switcher
3. Download / Install ADW (or presumably any other Launcher alternative)
4. Set Launcher Pro as the default Launcher with Home Switcher
5. Set ADW (or alternative other than the original Launcher) as the default
6. Hit home key.
7. Now the pop up should show up asking which program to execute - making sure that the 'use this by default' option, select Launcher Pro.
8. Uninstall ADW (or alternative) - assuming you don't actually want it.

Basically, I couldn't find any way within the OS to tell my Droid to use Launcher Pro - I didn't get the chance to when I would hit the home screen - it would just drop back to the default. Once I loaded ADW, I was presented that option.