Launcher pro?

M

Mwsr

I'm new to all this. Just dlded launcher pro after seeing everyone talk about it. If I go in my task manager it says its installed but there is no icon on my phone anywhere to open it.. help please

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try downloading home switcher from the marketplace. It will help you go back and forth between launchers.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

Mwsr

Well something happened lol after a few mins I guess it kicked in because the whole look of my screen just changed.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First - drop the Task Manager, it will increase performance and battery the Android O/S does not need these kind of apps and all they do is eat your resources

As far as launcher pro to enable it press your home key and it will give you an option to use the stock launcher or launcher pro - choose the latter

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
M

Mwsr

I meant the task manager that came stock on the phone.. I did however dl a antivirus app is that bad?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
. . .I did however dl a antivirus app is that bad?

More like unnecessary. Unless you are ultra paranoid and keeping highly sensitive data on your phone, drop it. There aren't any viruses in the wild and avoiding trojans is just a matter of common sense. Not worth the performance hit, in my opinion anyway. That could change of course, but why pay the penalties until you have to?

The other possible reason for using a virus checker is if you are using your phone on a corporate network. It could keep you from forwarding a Windows virus to other users on the network. Though a well set up server will scan all incoming and outgoing email.

prchr1989

Reaction score
Is Launcher Pro a good app? If I do not like it can I remove it?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is Launcher Pro a good app? If I do not like it can I remove it?

It is definately a great app. One of my favorites and you can always remove it and got back to the stock launcher. If you download it I suggest also getting the app home switcher as they go well together.

prchr1989

Reaction score
Thanks spaz.....is it easy to work these?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya its pretty easy lemme know if you have problems I can probably help you out.

prchr1989

Reaction score
Hey spaz....i downloaded it....honestly could not figure it out. So I uninstalled it. I may have done something wrong

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey spaz....i downloaded it....honestly could not figure it out. So I uninstalled it. I may have done something wrong

If you want to install it again like I said, install home switcher as well. From home swither you can choose which launcher to be a default. The first time you use launcher pro all of your screens will be empty so you have to set up everything again. What specifically were you having problems with?