Launcher Pro re-written from Scratch??

bhall238

Reaction score

Lukehluke

Reaction score
Such balls!!

LauncherPro app to be rewritten from scratch ? Cell Phones & Mobile Device Technology News & Updates | Geek.com

Pardon me if this is a re-post and feel free to delete or merge if it is.

I loved this app, but since 2.2 and home switcher not working, there is no way to set it to default and have it stick. Someone please correct me because I would love to reinstall and use LP.

You should be able to switch it as the main launcher after you install it as Android asks which one you want to use.

Does for me anyway on my HTC Desire (HTC Sense).

bhall238

Reaction score
Such balls!!

LauncherPro app to be rewritten from scratch ? Cell Phones & Mobile Device Technology News & Updates | Geek.com

I loved this app, but since 2.2 and home switcher not working, there is no way to set it to default and have it stick. Someone please correct me because I would love to reinstall and use LP.

You should be able to switch it as the main launcher after you install it as Android asks which one you want to use.

Does for me anyway on my HTC Desire (HTC Sense).

Then I am jumping on this. Thanks very much.

airborne3e9

Reaction score
Such balls!!

what do u mean have it stick as default? it doesnt just stay as the primary launcher when u hit home and select "use by default for this action?"

and ive never used the home switcher app so correct me if im wrong but it's basically a short cut instead of hitting the "menu" key, then "settings", selecting "applications" from the menu, selecting the application in the list, and checking the "clear defaults" button...this way when u do that action again (ex. hitin the home key), it gives u all the options again. why would this app stop you from using launcher pro (which is awesome but im an adw luncher user myself)?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such balls!!

what do u mean have it stick as default? it doesnt just stay as the primary launcher when u hit home and select "use by default for this action?"

and ive never used the home switcher app so correct me if im wrong but it's basically a short cut instead of hitting the "menu" key, then "settings", selecting "applications" from the menu, selecting the application in the list, and checking the "clear defaults" button...this way when u do that action again (ex. hitin the home key), it gives u all the options again. why would this app stop you from using launcher pro (which is awesome but im an adw luncher user myself)?

For those using sense, they will have to go into manage applications and clear defaults on HTC Sense. Then pressing home will give them the choice. This is what I had to do on my brothers inc.

Sent from my Droid

bhall238

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with it not working with 2.2

I used to have this and Home Switcher installed. After 2.2 was released it was announced that Home switcher no longer worked. Ever since then when I would press the home button, the stock home screen would pop up. Maybe I was doing something else wrong, but before 2.2 Launcher Pro would pop up when the home button was pressed. I uninstalled both after that to conserve memory. Speaking of memory, if I rebooted the phone the stock screen would show up but before 2.2 LP would (I am almost certain that's what happened).

b_salgado

Reaction score
I run LP and Home Switcher with 2.2. I have yet to have an issue with it not working. The only minor complaint I have is that it sometimes takes a second to re-draw the screen after using other apps. Other than this minor issue, it's perfect. I did get a couple of FC's but they had an update and it's perfect again.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I run LP and Home Switcher with 2.2. I have yet to have an issue with it not working. The only minor complaint I have is that it sometimes takes a second to re-draw the screen after using other apps. Other than this minor issue, it's perfect. I did get a couple of FC's but they had an update and it's perfect again.
Go here for a fix for the re-draws. It seems to have worked for me.

b_salgado

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted so this fix will not work for me. It's not a big issue.... only a second or so to re draw the screen. Usually, I am done doing what I need to do anyway so It's really a non issue! I have been kicking around the idea of rooting this phone however.

Darkseider

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted so this fix will not work for me. It's not a big issue.... only a second or so to re draw the screen. Usually, I am done doing what I need to do anyway so It's really a non issue! I have been kicking around the idea of rooting this phone however.

Root it! Then unleash the power... UNLIMITED POWER!!!

harrellj

Reaction score
For everyone stating that home switcher doesn't work in 2.2, it does for launching other launcher apps, it just doesn't work for setting defaults.

bhall238

Reaction score
The redraw issue is for people running different ROMs?

I found the fix in the Launcher Pro forum. A free App called Clear Default Home lets you clear the default setting in the stock launcher app and then you can select your new default (Launcher Pro). Well you guys are more knowledgable than me, I guess. I did a littel more digging. It's new with 2.2 that you can look at all your applications and see Launcher (stock) and deselect default to do the same that Clear Default Home does (so I guess I don't really need that one). I'll be the first to admit it, there is a lot to this phone and operating system that I don't know.

I am running with Launcher Pro again and am very happy.

bhall238

Reaction score
For everyone stating that home switcher doesn't work in 2.2, it does for launching other launcher apps, it just doesn't work for setting defaults.

That's exactly what I meant to say. I wanted Launcher Pro to be my default. Got it working now dancedroid.