Launcher Pro Question...

Reaction score
Not sure, but hey...

Anyone having issues with Launcher Pro force closing?

It updated the other day..has like 4 times in the last week and a half...and keeps force closing on me. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

thunter

Reaction score
LP Plus has been my launcher of choice for a very long time. It is very good and I have had no problems with it. I did have a problem early on with certain ROM's, but LP was updating almost every day and it was corrected. The guy that created it does a great job and most people who use LP I'm sure would agree.

It will sometimes hang right at start-up (As alot of launcher would) if you don't get the phone time to complete the boot. Give us some more info as to what you're trying to do when it hangs, and if you're rooted or not.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Been switching through roms all week, and running LP on all of them. No problems here.. like thunter said, we need more info on the problem. Could be a sh*tload of things.

OP
SmokinHawtVegasChic
Reaction score
LP Plus has been my launcher of choice for a very long time. It is very good and I have had no problems with it. I did have a problem early on with certain ROM's, but LP was updating almost every day and it was corrected. The guy that created it does a great job and most people who use LP I'm sure would agree.

It will sometimes hang right at start-up (As alot of launcher would) if you don't get the phone time to complete the boot. Give us some more info as to what you're trying to do when it hangs, and if you're rooted or not.

Hey there Thunter...Yes I'm rooted. Running Sapphire. It just started hanging about 2 days ago. I'll get a SMS and try to get to it and then I'll get a FC. Or sometimes get an email go in read it then try to back out of the gmail app and it'll FC. I've rebooted and it seems to fix it until later in the day after I've been using the phone all day. I'm always on it lol. Like most I'm addicted learning new things or just playing my music or one of my games.

I've heard nothing but good things about Sapphire...so want to keep it. LP is great as well. I really love it. Just been having some issues the last few days is all.

Hope that helps a bit more lol

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
running sapphire and LP with MOST apps force moved to sd card.
only issue I have is if I try to do something immediately after boot. if I give it 2 minutes its fine. I think its building its cache at that point.

Deuel

Reaction score
So I should uninstall LP and then re-install it?

Yes. Unistall and re-install, but be sure to backup your LP settings first. Go to the LP Preferences and select "Backup homescreens & settings". After LP is installed again, go back and "Restore backup". This will restore all but your widgets. You'll need to remove and re-add those.

mikeyd08

Reaction score
I had so many force closes on LP that I uninstalled and went back to stock home. 4 - 5 a day sometimes. Phone runs much faster now, much less lag and NO FCs so far. Using stock moto Droid.

samsonite801

Reaction score
I once had some issues with LP, and I fixed them by uninstalling LP, and then re-installing and it fixed it. Another thing is you can go to their official website and download earlier versions and install one rev back, and another, and another rev back until the FCs go away and maybe this could help to pinpoint whether or not a specific version introduced your issues.

Then the last resort would be to completely re-flash the entire ROM and reset everything to default (making a backup image first) and then reinstalling everything from scratch which might inadvertently fix the cause of the problem

jgumphress

Reaction score
I would hate to remove LP and go back to stock. There are so many great features to LP like scrolling widgets and extended app tray. Even with the very few FC's that I get they are no big deal. When I click the OK on the force closure pop-up it just goes right back to where it left off anyway. The guy developing LP is doing a great job and works on it constantly. Go to his blog at his web site and see all the work he is doing. He can lo longer answer all the emails directly because he's is putting all his spare time in the software. But you can get a lot of help from his blog.