Launcher Pro Icons

Xunal

Reaction score
I'm looking for extra dock icons for Launcher Pro....I've been searching, and I found a bunch for AWD, but none specifically for LP....can you use generic ones? AWD ones?

Secondary question, and I've only done a bit of searching on this one....How the heck do I change my lock screen with a non-rooted DroidX?

Third is a bit more complicated, and this is the wrong section....but I might as well since I'm already posting...

I have a Xoom and an X. I want to tether the Xoom via the X using Easy Tether (Or PDANet, or whatever....). I can get it so the Xoom says "Tethered", but then it automatically disconnects....I'm thinking Verizon has purposely disabled this, is there anyway around it?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
as for the first question, you can use any image saved to your sd card as a dock icon, just long press and hen choose change icon and then custom icon. i have been using a thread over at android.net to find icons so i'll link you in a second.

as for #2 you can use a paid app caled widget locker to create a custom lockscreen with widgets, custom sliders etc

not sure about #3

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
see what? the link i promised almost three hours ago?

lol sorry for the wait

Icon Pack Repository

pro tip: post #41 has a link to a thread with over 400 icon packs

lol....it's all good....there is a lot going on all over the place today.

Here's some dancing banana's to make you feel better
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
why thank you! but yeah enjoy that thread, i spent about two hours looking through it one day.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
I'm looking for extra dock icons for Launcher Pro....I've been searching, and I found a bunch for AWD, but none specifically for LP....can you use generic ones? AWD ones?

Secondary question, and I've only done a bit of searching on this one....How the heck do I change my lock screen with a non-rooted DroidX?

Third is a bit more complicated, and this is the wrong section....but I might as well since I'm already posting...

I have a Xoom and an X. I want to tether the Xoom via the X using Easy Tether (Or PDANet, or whatever....). I can get it so the Xoom says "Tethered", but then it automatically disconnects....I'm thinking Verizon has purposely disabled this, is there anyway around it?

For ur 3rd question if u root ur dx, theres a mod for wireless tether. Check out the darkslide rom section. Its a very nice rom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
X

Xunal

Reaction score
Having difficulties.

I found some images from the website I liked, downloaded them to my PC, transferred over to my phone via Dropbox....

But, using LauncherPro, it only gives me 3 options when attempting to select an icon for the Dock...... Custom Icon (when clicked takes me to my Camera gallery), Default Icon (stock), and LauncherPro Icon (which takes me to the very short list of icons the launcher came with).

What's the secret?

As for Widget Locker answer, thank you very much, that app is so freaking awesome. My lock screen is great now.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Having difficulties.

I found some images from the website I liked, downloaded them to my PC, transferred over to my phone via Dropbox....

But, using LauncherPro, it only gives me 3 options when attempting to select an icon for the Dock...... Custom Icon (when clicked takes me to my Camera gallery), Default Icon (stock), and LauncherPro Icon (which takes me to the very short list of icons the launcher came with).
What's the secret?
In the Gallery, you should see the files you copied over if they are image files. Where on the SD card did you copy them to...just the DropBox folder? If so, they should appear in your Gallery under a folder named DropBox...

earnric

Reaction score
see what? the link i promised almost three hours ago?

lol sorry for the wait

Icon Pack Repository

pro tip: post #41 has a link to a thread with over 400 icon packs

Is there a way to use icons that are in an icon PACK for icons in Laucher Pro's dock? I can't figure it out ... only how to use them as shortcuts (via BetterCut, etc).

???

Thx,

Rick

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
YES....WIDGET LOCKER ROCKS!!! Sorry for the all CAPS but I love that app. That and home smack are sick.