Launcher Pro- Default home screen?

armeddroid

Reaction score
Have you gotten today's update? If you have, there's a new option under Preferences in the Menu. In Behavior, check the "Home key to default screen" option. If you check that, pressing Home will take you to the screen you've selected. Pressing Home again will take you to the Expose screen preview.

:confused: Hmmmmm....

Can you guys all tell me what version of LauncherPro Beta you are running?

I installed the update this morning and restarted LauncherPro, however, when I go into Preferences, I do not have a section called Behavior!

The version on my (non-rooted) Droid shows this: LauncherPro Beta v0.1.2

Version 0.2.0

JimmyD

Reaction score
:blink: Hmmmm... Thanks for the confirmation guys.

I wonder why my update "didn't stick"?

I will try these things first and let you guys know if I still have issues with updating to the new version:

- Double check my market downloads (update status)
- Power off / Power on
- Take Droid out to the parking lot and yell at it for a few minutes

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Have you gotten today's update? If you have, there's a new option under Preferences in the Menu. In Behavior, check the "Home key to default screen" option. If you check that, pressing Home will take you to the screen you've selected. Pressing Home again will take you to the Expose screen preview.

:confused: Hmmmmm....

Can you guys all tell me what version of LauncherPro Beta you are running?

I installed the update this morning and restarted LauncherPro, however, when I go into Preferences, I do not have a section called Behavior!

The version on my (non-rooted) Droid shows this: LauncherPro Beta v0.1.2

2nd Option Down, first is Home Screens...

JimmyD

Reaction score
Ooops

:p OK, so apparently, I'm an idiot. :blush:

This morning I saw that there was an update available for LauncherPro Beta (along with like 6 other updates for other apps I have installed), but I guess I never actually tapped on the OK button to update LauncherPro; because it shows that v2.0 is a current Update available.

So, uh... yeah.... I'm updating it right now.
Carry on now! ...nothing more to see in my recent posts in this thread!! LOL :blush:

armeddroid

Reaction score
:p OK, so apparently, I'm an idiot. :blush:

This morning I saw that there was an update available for LauncherPro Beta (along with like 6 other updates for other apps I have installed), but I guess I never actually tapped on the OK button to update LauncherPro; because it shows that v2.0 is a current Update available.

So, uh... yeah.... I'm updating it right now.
Carry on now! ...nothing more to see in my recent posts in this thread!! LOL :blush:

lmao..it happens.
:D

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
This new update makes this launcher amazing.
I feel like I have a new phone.

Super fast!!!

talkdj

Reaction score
only way i know off top is go into your app drawer and select XSCOPE and go into its setting and make it the default browser.
Did the same thing with Dolphin HD.

It already is set as my default browser :frown: Anything in the phone settings menu?

Boy this is frustrating. I love this launcher. Very fast and the sense type screen picker is very cool. I want to use Skyfire as the browser app and I can't find a way to make it the default browser with laucherpro either.

Any ideas?

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Us
Boy this is frustrating. I love this launcher. Very fast and the sense type screen picker is very cool. I want to use Skyfire as the browser app and I can't find a way to make it the default browser with laucherpro either.

Any ideas?

I would uninstall. Then reinstall LAUNCHER.
Upon reinstall the first time you choose the messaging or browser buttons you should be able to pick your default app.

Last edited:

OSX2000

Reaction score
Did you go into Manage Apps, find the stock browser, and clear its defaults?

OP
CBLJazz

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Did you go into Manage Apps, find the stock browser, and clear its defaults?

No.
The issue appears to be a launcher pro problem.
Once you 1st install launcher pro it wants to know what your default browser and messenger are.

When you click on the browser icon-. 1 of the 4 main- it offers you a choice of all currently instated browsers
It gave me a choice between stock & dolphin

When you click on the, messaging. Icon- 1 of the 4 main-it have me s choice of. My currently installed messaging apps
Stock or handcent.

Before pressing ok you are given a check box option to make that app your default.

Last edited:

dkshaer

Reaction score
I could not change the default browser for Launcher Pro using the manage applications route. But, I double tapped on the permanent icon and the launcher gave me the option of choosing which browser. I then selected x scope as the permanent browser and that is what is popping up now, instead of the stock browser. So, try double tapping the icon and see if it works for you.

talkdj

Reaction score
I could not change the default browser for Launcher Pro using the manage applications route. But, I double tapped on the permanent icon and the launcher gave me the option of choosing which browser. I then selected x scope as the permanent browser and that is what is popping up now, instead of the stock browser. So, try double tapping the icon and see if it works for you.

Nope didn't work for me. I'm tapping and nothing happens. Maybe the developer will fix this in the next update.