Launcher Pro- Default home screen?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I see in preferences where you can set your default home screen but how do you navigate to it quickly without going through the EXPOSE' multiple screen preview?

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i used it for a bit and could not find a way to go home without using the "expose" screen

kinda annoying to be honest.....

LT*

Reaction score
I just leave mine on the preview screen and pick which screen I need when I wake up the phone. For me, I don't have much on my "home" screen, so I rarely need that one up first.

brochaos

Reaction score
i noticed this as well. also, i need to remember to pinch when i'm in a dock, since pressing home just brings up the dock menu.

armeddroid

Reaction score
you have to increase your default screen count.
If you use 5 screens, then use 3 as your default screen count.
That will make the center screen your home screen.
I just had someone tell me the same thing.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten today's update? If you have, there's a new option under Preferences in the Menu. In Behavior, check the "Home key to default screen" option. If you check that, pressing Home will take you to the screen you've selected. Pressing Home again will take you to the Expose screen preview.

BavarianBuilt

Reaction score
Yeah, the update added that feature.

Maybe someone in here can help me with an issue I'm having with Launcher Pro after todays update. The internet browser icon in the lower left hand corner used to launch my xScope browser. Now after the update, it launches the stock browser. Any way to change it back to xScope? When I first installed Launcher Pro, I was given the option what default browser to use. Was not given this option after the update.

Last edited:

armeddroid

Reaction score
Yeah, the update added that feature.

Maybe someone in here can help me with an issue I'm having with Launcher Pro after todays update. The internet browser icon in the lower left hand corner used to launch my xScope browser. Now after the update, it launches the stock browser. Any way to change it back to xScope. When I first installed Launcher Pro, I was given the option with default browser to use. Was not given this option after the update.

only way i know off top is go into your app drawer and select XSCOPE and go into its setting and make it the default browser.
Did the same thing with Dolphin HD.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Have you gotten today's update? If you have, there's a new option under Preferences in the Menu. In Behavior, check the "Home key to default screen" option. If you check that, pressing Home will take you to the screen you've selected. Pressing Home again will take you to the Expose screen preview.

I think you still have to change the default count, dont you?
The new update doesnt specify which is the home screen unless you add the proper screens in your default count.
similar to Helix 1.
unless i am missing something.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

The new update doesnt specify which is the home screen unless you add the proper screens in your default count.
similar to Helix 1.

Actually when I installed this yesterday, the default was 3 screens with #2 as the default screen. That implies if I were to hit Home it would go to #2. I had changed it to 5 screens (with #3 as default) right away, but I don't know if that really changed anything because pressing Home gave you the preview in any case.

armeddroid

Reaction score

similar to Helix 1.

Actually when I installed this yesterday, the default was 3 screens with #2 as the default screen. That implies if I were to hit Home it would go to #2. I had changed it to 5 screens (with #3 as default) right away, but I don't know if that really changed anything because pressing Home gave you the preview in any case.

ahh ok...yeah mine stayed at 2 screens for the default even when i had it on 5 screens..thas why i had to change that out...
everytime i pushed home, i went to screen 2 vs screen 3 (middlescreen).

JimmyD

Reaction score

:confused: Hmmmmm....

Can you guys all tell me what version of LauncherPro Beta you are running?

I installed the update this morning and restarted LauncherPro, however, when I go into Preferences, I do not have a section called Behavior!

The version on my (non-rooted) Droid shows this: LauncherPro Beta v0.1.2