Launcher Help

Nvious1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been running 1.0 since it came out and I absolutely love it. The only thing I want to change is to switch my default launcher to Launcher Pro. I was wondering if someone could tell me real quick what default stuff I need to remove to ensure I have no things double running or performance problems. I have seen names like ADW and Launcher2 being removed but not quite sure what that fully means or how to go about doing that. Can anyone clue me in?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have been running 1.0 since it came out and I absolutely love it. The only thing I want to change is to switch my default launcher to Launcher Pro. I was wondering if someone could tell me real quick what default stuff I need to remove to ensure I have no things double running or performance problems. I have seen names like ADW and Launcher2 being removed but not quite sure what that fully means or how to go about doing that. Can anyone clue me in?

Thanks!

To run Launcher Pro simply download and install from the market. Then press the home button for selection to switch over to Launcher Pro.

LauncherPro

So I have it installed and configured already but I want to go that extra step further than just making it my default launcher by actually removing the stock launchers. Like maybe rename them or something.

So I have it installed and configured already but I want to go that extra step further than just making it my default launcher by actually removing the stock launchers. Like maybe rename them or something.

I leave Launcher Pro installed in /data/app and 'freeze' the stock launcher using Titanium. By freezing the stock launcher I can bring it back easily if needed.

I leave Launcher Pro installed in /data/app and 'freeze' the stock launcher using Titanium. By freezing the stock launcher I can bring it back easily if needed.

Any other methods if I don't have the paid version of Titanium?

In terminal,

su
sysrw
rm /system/app/Launcher2.apk
sysro

If you get an error after the rm command try doing it with Launcher.apk. I can't remember the exact name of the stock launcher.

Any other methods if I don't have the paid version of Titanium?

Sure you can remove the stock launcher all together by going to terminal and typing

su
sysrw

You can bring it back if needed I think using switchapk

reboot

Always good to make a Nandroid backup before tinkering :)

In terminal,

su
sysrw
sysro

If you get an error after the rm command try doing it with Launcher.apk. I can't remember the exact name of the stock launcher.

The default one is named Launcher2.apk :)

Thanks folks. I just renamed named the apk to apk.bak so it wouldn't run but it still says there in the apps folder in case I want to revert back.

For grins, here is a pic of my layout now. Thanks for everyone's help!

Back