Latest update installed

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I have to say I really preferred the blue icons over the white.

I am having VT-100 flashbacks :)

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I know what you mean! I have a few apps that put some colorful icons up there, fortunately.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

RzrGrl

Reaction score
I agree, very sterile. I like to keep it lean and clean up there as much as I can, so I only have a "widgetsoid" icon on the left. It's a metallic droid icon, so that looks good. But other than that, the only color I have up there is the temperature. This new all-white just makes the screen look flat, washed out and boring. I'm no fan of rainbow colors, and certainly wouldn't want to go all "psychedelic", but a even a little "back to blue" would work for me.

doogald

Reaction score
To be fair, Google's original intention for the white icons was to have it go with a transparent status bar, so the wallpaper would bleed through, and they determined white would be best for that. (Of course, the wallpaper that I use now is pretty light at the top, so it would probably look crappy now on my phone that way. Google really should have done what Apple did with iOS - have the icons be either white or black, depending on the color of the background.) Anyway, with the JB style black background, those white icons are a little stark. Maybe they'd look better with the "transparent" (I think it's really a gradient) status bar.