Latest Kit Kat news

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How do you know it's happening to everyone?

Maybe "everyone" was a guess on my part...I don't know for sure. But, like GoCliffGo wrote, there are folks posting the same thing on this site, the Moto Forum and other forums. Leads me to believe that it's happening all over the Country. I was in NC yesterday and a co-worker tried to check for the KK update on his phone and received the same message you did...not the "your phone is up to date, no updates available at this time" message when you actually do connect to the update server. I got home to TN last night and all 4 of our phones are getting the same message. That's why I wrote that it must be a server issue somewhere. It might not be Moto's server...it might be Verizon's. So even if Moto is aware of it...it might not be their server that's causing the issue. All we can do is be patient and wait for the update process to start working again. This has happened before and is usually resolved pretty quickly,

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Maybe "everyone" was a guess on my part...I don't know for sure. But, like GoCliffGo wrote, there are folks posting the same thing on this site, the Moto Forum and other forums. Leads me to believe that it's happening all over the Country. I was in NC yesterday and a co-worker tried to check for the KK update on his phone and received the same message you did...not the "your phone is up to date, no updates available at this time" message when you actually do connect to the update server. I got home to TN last night and all 4 of our phones are getting the same message. That's why I wrote that it must be a server issue somewhere. It might not be Moto's server...it might be Verizon's. So even if Moto is aware of it...it might not be their server that's causing the issue. All we can do is be patient and wait for the update process to start working again. This has happened before and is usually resolved pretty quickly,

I am currently in California (really far from NC and TN) so I think you are right. I also read a post not on this website but on yahoo answers. That person is having the same issue as me. Droid RAZR M won't take the update and says "check for update not available at this time."

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am currently in California (really far from NC and TN) so I think you are right. I also read a post not on this website but on yahoo answers. That person is having the same issue as me. Droid RAZR M won't take the update and says "check for update not available at this time."

We will all have KK soon. From what I have read, it's not just the Razr M, folks with the Razr HD and HD Maxx are getting the same message. Hopefully everything will be up and running again soon.

en28so

Reaction score
My bluetooth connection is far worse than before after the update. It used to cut on and off once in a while, but now it's constantly doing it. :-(

en28so

Reaction score
I think that I might have to do a factory reset, since I'm getting FC issues on some apps after the update, on top of bluetooth issues.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think that I might have to do a factory reset, since I'm getting FC issues on some apps after the update, on top of bluetooth issues.

A lot of people recommend doing that after every OS upgrade. I have had KiKat on my M for a few days now and so far...no issues at all. But that's not always the case. If anything weird happens I'll do a a FDR. I do one about once a year just for "spring cleaning."

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Seems to be working this morning. Just installed KitKat on my wife's and daughter's RAZR M's. Phones are working fine... No issues with the install!

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Seems to be working this morning. Just installed KitKat on my wife's and daughter's RAZR M's. Phones are working fine... No issues with the install!

OTA in California. I just received the notification an will download.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
People I need an answer YES OR NO ONLY. I am getting pretty sick of reading forums with no definitive answers. My Droid Razr M is running on 98.18.94. Can I flash it to the same version on a locked boot loader using fastboot mode via RSD Lite? ANSWER THIS YES OR NO AND I NEED CONFIRMATION THAT YOU CAN DO THIS.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
I wish I could help, but all this is beyond me. Can you take it to a Verizon store and ask them for a solution? But you have been rooted and probably you are on your own. I have rooted D2G and an iPhone (not quite the same) and have found no additional value.

"This sins of the past are visited upon the present"

Last edited:

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I wish I could help, but all this is beyond me. Can you take it to a Verizon store and ask them for a solution?

I can do that but my parents have to take me there. I told them and they might take me today or another day.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
People I need an answer YES OR NO ONLY. I am getting pretty sick of reading forums with no definitive answers. My Droid Razr M is running on 98.18.94. Can I flash it to the same version on a locked boot loader using fastboot mode via RSD Lite? ANSWER THIS YES OR NO AND I NEED CONFIRMATION THAT YOU CAN DO THIS.
The update is new and there are no definitive answers. From what I have read across multiple forums, the update will most likely soft brick a rooted phone.
I suggest you go to your carrier's retail store for a fix.